cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 42mm Galaxy Watch battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 46mm LTE, at 8h 12m I was at 8%. That is with wifi off, screen brightness 1, always on - off. No working out or anything. Just did a factory reset, about to return mine and cancel the order for my wifes. This thing can't even last a work day, much less 7 days.  At 50% (little over 4 hrs after pulling it off the charger) the app was reporting it was last another 16 hours. This watch is garbage. My 1st gen Huawei watch could last all day with the screen always on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, we are currently looking into this for you. Can you guys confirm and provide the following:

Confirm if you have tried the steps listed here : Y/N

Full model code of Watch:

LTE or Bluetooth: (List Carrier if LTE version)

Place of purchase:

Current software version of the watch:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirm if you have tried the steps listed here :
Yes, with the exception of activating power saving mode. If that has to happen to last more than 8 hours, then Samsung needs to get out of the wearable business. Huawei (first model, 4'ish years ago) could easily last all day until I went to bed, and that was with "always on display".  

Full model code of Watch: SM-R805U

LTE or Bluetooth: T-Mobile

Place of purchase: T-Mobile Store in Hawaii

Tizen 4.0.0.0

R805USQU1ARH1

I did a full reset yesterday evening, turned off the Auto HR and full charged it. Today after about 3-4 hours of wear I was at 70%. I took it to T-Mobile and swapped it out. So I have yet to full charge this one, but so far doesn't look promising. I did nothing but set it up, adjusted brightness down to 5 (from 7) and wore it. At that point it was 71%, I'm already at 54% in <3 hours. So I'll full charge it tonight and try again tomorrow, if it kills the battery again, I'll take it back and cancel the order for my wifes. I'm thinking the 7 day life is an embellishment with using the power saving feature at this point, or maybe it is from the BT model.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After replacing my watch, full charching it and wearing it all day, it is at 88% after 12hrs and 35m. I have Auto HR at every 10 min, Cell - Auto, Screen 5, GPS off, AOD - off. Once I get a couple days of these results I will start to mess with the settings and see how it performs, such as AOD - on, GPS on. One thing to note is my phone was close enough to maintain the BT connection all day. So I'll try Cell only too at some point.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update to my last post.

So I got a replacement and left it full stock only thing I did was decreased the screen brightness from 7 to 5.  So test it for 2 full days, still had 51% remaining, but always had the phone close enough to keep it in bluetooth connection. So today I tested and left my phone out of range. Went from 51%-40% in 2 hours. Watched overheated twice within 30 seconds of returning out of airplane mode. So grabbed my phone and got it back in range, battery is holding steady, device is not overheating. So I'm and returning mine today and canceling the order that is already a week past shipment for my wife's. This watch is useless unless you keep it in range of your phone to maintain BT connection. If that is the case, why do I need an extra line and pay for celluar service on a watch that will die during a normal work day and will constantly overheat because it has insufficent cooling to the cellular modem. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had mine just over a week and it will not stay charged.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungNik wrote:

Hey guys, we are currently looking into this for you. Can you guys confirm and provide the following:

Confirm if you have tried the steps listed here : Y/N

Full model code of Watch:

LTE or Bluetooth: (List Carrier if LTE version)

Place of purchase:

Why ask for the info? There has been no reply. All the Samsung Reps just tell you turn off features like bluetooth, LTE, Wifi etc. Those should be a given to stay on. Especially if a consumer is paying $400 for those selling points. I have a Huawei watch (first version) and I can keep the screen on all day and will still have plenty of juice left when it's time to go to bed. Granted it doesn't have LTE, but when that is used (not even actively) on this watch the battery wont even last a 9 hr workday.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, all I can say is that we're looking into this. Once we have more information we'll be updating the pages publicly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. It's fine connected to my phone but LTE mode consumes about 20% per hour even when I'm not doing anything with it other than occasionally looking at the time. I'm returning it today. So disappointed. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got my watch yesterday was so happy with it I now find I've had to charge twice today not happy now