Original topic:

Galaxy Watch (All Sizes) Poor Battery Life

(Topic created on: 4/2/19 11:51 AM)
jrgriffin82
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you got one of the smaller galaxy watches I'd like to hear what kind of battery life you're getting and how heavy of a user you are. Yesterday when I got down to 15% I checked the battery stats in the app and I had only gotten 1 day and 54 minutes. That was with an almost hour long walk playing music and using Samsung health with GPS. I feel like I'm actually getting worse battery life than I did with my gear S2 sport. The 2 biggest drains are Samsung health and Bixby. I changed the setting for the automatic heart rate sensor from every 10 minutes to never. I really only care about that when I'm working out anyway. Just curious what others are getting with the battery. 

289 Replies
users5QNOczkdJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where do you find the process for deactivating?  Thanks!

0 Likes
userxmK3dPunRn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Go to Samsung Health in your watch,  settings and there you select detect exercise (or similar) and deactivate every activity.

Hope it works for you!

0 Likes
userbQCez0ot08
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi I live in Australia and having the same issue since the last update with my 46mm watch which I purchased October last year. I use to get at least 3 - 4 days use. I'm now only left with about 10% battery power at the end of the day if I'm lucky. I've tried the normal reset, hard reset, uninstalling and reinstalling apps and, trying different watch faces but nothing has fixed the issue.  Some of the fixes I've read basically just shut down most of the functions of the watch. I'm wondering if Samsung is aware of this issue.  I've heard nothing about any updates to fix the issue as more and more people are appearing with the same problem.

user5oB3M3J306
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm the same....got it in October and just this week the battery drain has been crazy.

userbQCez0ot08
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update to my post above. It was found there was a fault with my watch. The main board and battery were replaced. I asked the staff at the Samsung shop if there had been many people coming in with the battery drain issue and they said no. Potentially it could be a issue with some Samsung watches that were sent out however, Samsung still needs to address this and check their quality controls. I did see another post where someone had the same repairs as my watch did to resolve the issue.

@userbQCez0ot08 wrote:

Hi I live in Australia and having the same issue since the last update with my 46mm watch which I purchased October last year. I use to get at least 3 - 4 days use. I'm now only left with about 10% battery power at the end of the day if I'm lucky. I've tried the normal reset, hard reset, uninstalling and reinstalling apps and, trying different watch faces but nothing has fixed the issue.  Some of the fixes I've read basically just shut down most of the functions of the watch. I'm wondering if Samsung is aware of this issue.  I've heard nothing about any updates to fix the issue as more and more people are appearing with the same problem.

@@

@
TattooedMom_101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is it me or is the battery life not that long? Or did I get a faulty watch?

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try adjusting some of the settings from their defaults, like setting the HR measurements to Frequent instead of Always and Auto Stress to off.  This past weekend I went 2 days and used 80% of the battery.  This only included one workout, which was a 0.5 mi walk.

0 Likes
userF3FMhC92k1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know what happened, but over the past couple of days my Galaxy Watch does not hold a charge anymore. i have only had it for 1.5 months and before this week the watch would last about 2-3 without a charge. Now the watch battery will last about 8 hours if I don' even touch the watch at all. I have automatic screen timeout on, not many apps on the watch, DND on, so I am not understanding why this is happening?

0 Likes
XxSemanticsxX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

First charge of the watch, I got 5 days use out of it. I haven't done much, added a few watch faces, I have very few notifications set to come to the device. Second charge I got about 3 days out of the device. I'm on my third charge and had to charge it after 2 days with Samsung Health draining a massive portion of the battery. I have manual sync turned on, I don't use the workout features, not sure why the app is crushing my battery right now. I can't find a way to disable it, but I do use the step tracking, even though it kind of stinks, and the sleep tracker and heart rate monitor. I'd like to be able to keep using those. Suggestions? Anyone else getting progressively worse battery life?

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Battery consumption increases when some apps are used. The watch provides various options that help conserve battery power.

Note: The available features will vary by the watch and software version.

Check for software updates to enhance the watch's performance, improve software features and security protection.
Activate power saving mode.
Close unnecessary apps.
Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
Decrease the screen brightness.
Deactivate the watch always on feature.
When the watch isn't used, switch to sleep mode by covering the screen with your palm.
Deactivate the voice wake-up feature in watch's supported voice assistance app (Bixby or S Voice). 
Customize the notification settings in the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone.
Do not expose the watch or the battery to very cold or very hot temperatures.