cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrgriffin82
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch (All Sizes) Poor Battery Life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you got one of the smaller galaxy watches I'd like to hear what kind of battery life you're getting and how heavy of a user you are. Yesterday when I got down to 15% I checked the battery stats in the app and I had only gotten 1 day and 54 minutes. That was with an almost hour long walk playing music and using Samsung health with GPS. I feel like I'm actually getting worse battery life than I did with my gear S2 sport. The 2 biggest drains are Samsung health and Bixby. I changed the setting for the automatic heart rate sensor from every 10 minutes to never. I really only care about that when I'm working out anyway. Just curious what others are getting with the battery. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 42mm Galaxy Watch battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, we are currently looking into this for you. Can you guys confirm and provide the following:

Confirm if you have tried the steps listed here : Y/N

Full model code of Watch:

LTE or Bluetooth: (List Carrier if LTE version)

Place of purchase:

Current software version of the watch:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

270 REPLIES 270
userWHRcfqfUM6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Going to second this. I actually got the 46mm version because of the bigger battery, but it's so BIG on my wrist and kinda uncomfortable. I would like to know the battery life as well to see if it would possibly worth the switch to the smaller unit. 

user5YnuogKOvS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is awful 

howie411
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my 46mm Galaxy watch I'm getting a little less then 4 days.   Far from the 7 days Samsung advertises.  

tj_ward
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is yours LTE? On my LTE 46mm version I'm barely getting 14-15 hours. Thinking it might be defective. At least I hope so and this isn't normal.

usertF5ORCQDGw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

42 mm black LTE HORRIBLE battery...I get maybe 10 to 12 hours with basic use...i.e. using it as a watch....if I use it for excercise 30 min or so, I get about 6 hours of battery life. Dealing with Samsung on this issue has been a real pain. I now have to send the watch in for repiars.

My advice if you are looking at the 42 mm with LTE hold off....there are some real problems with at least some of these models.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been tracking my battery usage constantly since I picked this watch up on release day. 42mm Black, non-LTE, no AoD, all sensors on factory settings. Really the whole watch is basically at factory settings with a moderate 15 min workout each morning. 

I am consistently experiencing about 48 hours between charges (49-50 hours if were being exact). This was about what I got with my S3 Frontier, but I used AoD on the S3.

I do sleep with the watch on at night in goodnight mode. I do not use battery saver mode, even when below 15%. Trying to get an accurate battery life under normal use w/o enacting battery saver or tweaking sensors.

So all said and done, I'm satisfied with the battery life being that this is smaller than the S3. Takes about 2 or so hours to charge the watch when I take it down to 2 or 3% battery life. 

Hope that helps you guys out

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userCePd5LE7Ou
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 42mm and I get about 2 days

usergEPm0ylcLI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you get about 2 days? I could probably get about 1 day in a half..... 

E Ayala
usergB7NlEkGjB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm getting like 4-6 hours in the day not using it excessively just fiddling a bit. Then went to sleep with it on at midnight in goodnight mode with 84% charge...I woke up (my alarm had gone off a couple times) but I was mortified to see I had 3%

Mine is the LTE 42mm but can't get data to work on it (currently waiting on EE to get back to me after spending a long time on the phone with them the other day). So for the meantime I'm connected via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi but I'm disappointed so far in this £400+ watch Smiley Sad