cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 42mm Galaxy Watch battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION
And my model is SM800. Why us everyone else's an 810 when I just got this.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Curious what apps are you running on your watch and what watch face you use?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The bare minimal

Walk tracker

Notifiactions for calls and text , weather. 

@userSnb357fmqI wrote:

Curious what apps are you running on your watch and what watch face you use?

I took it into samsung and they actually said the battery was faulty.

They put a new one in. Hope this one is better.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just went for a 45-50 minute walk.  The 42mm LTE watch had 83% when I left.  It's at 45% after finishing.  I had Spotify and Samsung Health running.  I used bixby 3 times and made a 1 minute phone call.  That's really bad.  I would think 10% - 15% loss would be normal.  Maybe 20%, but almost 40% battery loss in 45 minutes?  I'm really disappointed.  I have a week left to return it.  I'm been looking forward to this for months.  I don't know what to do.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my 42mm rose gold 1 week ago.

First time i wore it - it over heated after 2hrs and battery went from 100% to 30%.

At present i have almost everything turned off and best i have managed is approx 16hrs! 

I havent bothered tracking my sleep because i have to charge the watch every night!

I'm very disappointed - this expensive watch was to replace a cheap $35 watch that was great- i thought I'd treat myself to a "real one".

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 42 mm LTE version as well, when I use it with bluetooth only, I will get two days but as soon as I activate the LTE network I only get about 4 hours before it is completely dead. There is something definitely wrong.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Still true in March 2019! I got a new watch last week and replaced it thinking there was a defect. The new one has the latest firmware update which is supposed to help battery life but it still drains at 10%/hour. It also seems to get very warm on my wrist. Has anyone else felt that?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userc7B1HxNwhm

Does the device get uncomfortably warm when you are using it or when it is just idly sitting on your arm?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The watch was getting warm just wearing it, not using it.  However I disabled the "screen on with hand gesture" and it is not getting warm and the battery life has improved tremendously!.  It wasn't staying on all the time, so I don't know why this helped, but it did.  The battery was running down just laying on the table before.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch worked great at first too. Now I'm lucky if it works from 8-5p. I also get overheating alerts. My husband's watch does none of this. We got the BOGO about 2-3 months ago thru T-Mobile. Can anyone provide the step-by-step path to change the correct settings that (may/will?) help the battery life? Thanks.