cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 42mm Galaxy Watch battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are some steps that should help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i facing the same issue.Did you get any solution to your problem??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned off the Wake Up Gesture, per an earlier thread suggestion and that seemed to help tremendously.  My baby turns the bezel playing with it, so I just turned that off too. I think the Wake Up gesture was the biggest change.

I have BT on most of the time, GPS only on when I run, Wifi off. I get a couple of days out of it now.  I don't even use the goodnight mode. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 42 mm bluetooth version. I am getting less than 12 hours and that is using it in do not disturb mode all night. Went to bed with it at 70% and after 9 hours it was dead ....in do not disturb for 7 of those 9 hours. I am not happy with the 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userTCt9JAd2SE; Try these tips to reduce battery consumption and let us know if they resolve the issue. Just click on the link below to access the full article. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=637561&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung stated 4 days on 42mm and seven on 46mm. I have the 42mm, there is no way on this planet that it will last 4 days unless you switch it to watch only mode. Completely exaggerated claims, barely a day and a half with low use. Then you have the cheek to offer TIPS. Unbelievable, extremely disappointed
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here! I was expecting to go days without having to charge my watch; day 2 I get a low battery notification in the middle of my work day! I keep having to switch it to battery saving mode just so it doesn't die on me before I get home!  So disappointed!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same again here. I've been using my 42mm Galaxy watch for a couple of weeks now. I managed to improve the battery life from half a day by turning off the heart rate check, wifi and GPS, but not to more than 15 or 16 hours. How long I get also seems to depend a lot on the watch face I pick. If the face I use has a good dim mode I might get to bedtime without charging. Even more alarming is that my watch has started to heat up this afternoon. It was warm when I took it off the charger this morning, which I didn't stop to think about, but this afternoon, it's warming up while on, and there are no apps running besides the bluetooth and the watchface. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same sad story here... Pre-ordered the watch (38mm one) and for the first weeks was very happy with it. Got a solid 3 days battery life. The last couple of days this changed. While before during a night I lose about 5-10% battery, now I lose 25%. Probably can't get through the day anymore.

Things SEEM to have gone south after I got nagged by a Samsung message in the style of "Do you want to activate full experience, Samsung will then try to configure your watch more to your liking" I don't remember the exact phrasing but soon after that, bye-bye battery life. (of course it could be one of the systems updates as well)

I bought the Galaxy Watch on the promise of a better battery life than the Android Wear watches (never was interested in an Apple Watch where battery life REALLY stinks...)

So, I hope Samsung gets their stuff together and fixes this asap!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What's the point of having such an amazing watch if you can't use nearly half the feature because the company lied about the battery capasity not happy at all ..wouldn't mind but never had smart watch before and waited for this to come out feel like waste of money now