JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch + Android Messages

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 12:38 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung S9 and new Galaxy Watch.  Does anyone know of a way to use Android Messages on the watch?  The watch keeps telling me I have to use Samsung Messages to be able to retreive them.  I get notifications and can see the messages I sent, but I can't look at the "history" of Android Messages. 

Anyway to fix this?  I need a SMS application I can use on my Windows 10 PC and Samsung doesn't.  (I tried Flow and it's not ready for primetime).

Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed that this is a good solution. What Android Messages gives you is the ability to SMS from multiple devices - work PC, home PC, etc. - with no additional setup. Also, some people - such as myself - prefer features that Android Messaging gives over stock Galaxy messages. RCS (with other Google Messages users), Better suggested replies (granted this is a matter of preference), Easy ability to mark messages as invalid, etc.

0 Likes
cmwilkerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

same problem here

0 Likes
neca
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone.

This is terible job done by Samsung. It's not fair to pay Samsung Galaxy Watch 350euros and don't have sms and mail folder, just notifications. - Just because you don't own Samsung device. i mean, cmon. Be realistic.
I own OnePlus 6T -btw
I try every possible solution on the WHOLE internet. With master ressets, reinstaling apps. Disabling system sms, AND instaling samsung sms app on mine OP6T. Check it in notifications on the Galaxy Wear. Then resset all, uninstall all -starting all from scratch! and 0 results.

Lost 3 days but i found "solution". 
1. delete all sms app on phone and instal PulseSMS from store on the phone, and on the watch (r800), and of course paid 10$. 
2. sinhronising everything. 

3. profit? 
Well NO. To be honest. It's so, so slow....my dear god. Loading app ~10 sec, ~10sec loading mesages, open specific conversation agan + ~10 sec.
At this point i gave up.
Just hope for update. It's like. few minuts/hours for developer to meke it. IF they want.

0 Likes
Wakka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey there. I found a solution. I use Google messages for my texts and was getting the annoying default message app warning. I tried everything from resetting trying other apps, going through contacts as suggested and nothing worked. However I installed the watchface "App Launcher GA" and it works now. The shortcut from the watchface itself seems to bypass the warning . Tell me if it worked for your text app.
userntWwo0QM4D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you found a way to solve this?

0 Likes
userfLpo1tnZcA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Install Your Phone by Microsoft on computer and Android phone. Great app, and free txt msgs from computer. 

0 Likes
aarronbittick
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just use the Your Phone Companion apps for Android and Windows 10. Send mssgs from your pc and read them, transfer files and pics, etc. Been using it for over a year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_Companion

userpNQzQFK15F
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am looking for this answer. Otherwise I plan to return my watch.

userG2TdtgZ83x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't think this question was really "solved" in any meaningful way. I don't care about Samsung forcing the use of their own message app on the watch, per se. But the way things are set up, you're practically forced to use their app on your phone as well or the whole process of texting becomes irritating, which is unacceptable. This issue is one of the points that keeps me from ever recommending this device. I have told almost anyone who's asked that I do NOT recommend it because of Samsung's neverending quest to recreate Apple's walled garden. I only have a Samsung phone in the first place because I stupidly switched from LG when their latest flagship didn't appear on the list of devices which could initialize the SIM on the watch and after being told it was either a) impossible or b) would require a tedious process involving putting my SIM card (?) in a borrowed phone (!) just to do the initialization so that the watch could work with my state of the art LG device. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the most part with my Note 9, but having to use inferior software that I don't want to use when better alternatives exist is just pointless bureaucratic capitalism. I'm swallowing my own decisions on this because I was the consumer who initiated this instance of capitalism, but before I fall deeper into Samsung's Apple fantasy, I plan to slowly disentangle myself from their garden. Right now I have their headphones, a tablet, a phone and the watch, but will replace each as it dies with something more open, no matter how annoying it is to lose the benefits of one HARDWARE ecosystem. I should have learned my lesson when the iconX earbuds — which were well ahead of their time and which I had despite not being a Samsung user otherwise — prevented me from using certain features for no discernable reason. I didn't care about my blood oxygen level, but if the earbuds could track it and store it in a database on a Samsung phone, then there's no reason it couldn't do the same with my LG other than Samsung saying nope. Again, not a serious issue for me, but I should have seen the omen of things to come.

Of course, these are all first world problems, but I spent hard earned first world money and have learned not to do it again unless Samsung makes some simple changes to their strategy. 

usermp2mOyNH2s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

After 4 days on the phone with Verizon and being in contact with Samsung. One of the Verizon's text told me a couple days before that it was a billing issue. Frustrated is all heck I ask for billing and guess what you need to make sure that the feature access Wi-Fi calling is on. If you're Verizon you need to call and ask for billing to ensure that that feature is on. I am now receiving texts that individuals use to text me with my cell phone number

0 Likes