Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Band Rust and Unacceptable Customer Service

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 10:04 PM)
sXedge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

For Christmas of 2020, I received a Galaxy Watch with the red silicone band. After a few months, a rash developed on the wrist where I wore the watch. I continued wiping the band with a clean, damp cloth before and after every use as well as between periods of sweating (as I had done from the start). I began taking longer breaks without wearing the watch. Despite this, the rash did not ease up and began to spread and blister. I was planning to purchase a different band since I was unsure what else to do and was disappointedby how little I was able to use the watch because of the band.

On May 12, 2021, as I was taking the watch off, I realized there was a small cut in the band where the metallic plate lies against the skin. Between the cut, I could see what appeared to be rust. After simply stretching the band, the plate popped through the cut where I confirmed the presence of rust.

Immediately, I called Samsung customer support where I spoke with a kind young woman who struggled to translate my issue. After some time, I was transferred to a "special case" line where I spoke with an extremely rude employee. After listening to my issue, the rude man said, " Okay,  so what do you want?" I asked for a refund or replacement and was met with more snide comments about how it wasn't up to him and that I'll need to send him pictures of the rash and watch, then mail the wristband to Samsung where they can analyze the issue.

I assumed the man was just a jerk or having a rough day...but after 2 weeks of hearing no updates from Samsung, I emailed the man again and (after quite a few days) was responded to by another employee. She informed me that I would be speaking with her about the case and could reply to the email chain provided.

After receiving either no reply or a reply days after my request for an update, I was finally asked for a receipt. Since I could not forward the email to the chain, I screen shot the recipet and sent it to the chain.

Several more days passed with no response. I, again, replied to the email asking if there was something they needed from me. After no response, I grew enraged and called customer service.  A somewhat nice employee answered and said it was out of her understanding and needed to be sent to the "special case" line. I thanked her and waited on hold.

I waited on hold for an hour and 15 minutes before I took my mothers cell phone and called from another line. At this point, I was angry-crying. I was still polite to the man who answered, though he was not interested in reciprocating my politeness. He forwarded me to the "special case" line.

Within a few minutes, a young woman picked up on my mothers phone and told me I could hang up the line I had been waiting on for nearly an hour and a half (by that point).

She wasn't as rude as the other employees, but was still snippy. She informed me that my case had been closed and said I would receive a call from corporate withing 24 hours. She proceeded to hang up the call immediately after telling me to have a great day.

SUPRISE! I received no call. I was finally able to get a response from the chain email where I was asked to "send the entire receipt". I screen shot every section of the receipt and sent it in 8 pictures to be sure there was nothing missing and asked to be contacted if there was ANYTHING else needed of me.

No response.

Today, I responded to the chain, again, asking if they received my receipt and if they needed something else from me.

I won't be surprised to receive no reply.

I send this to you all from a Samsung phone, in a living room with a Samsung TV, angrily wondering if my Samsung watch will now have a poor battery life due to the 2 months it has been dead waiting for a band.

• Officially no longer brand loyal to Samsung.

*Pictures of rust and rash to anyone who wants them. The forum won't let me include them for whatever reason.*

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for the delay in response and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
sXedge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I do still need help. I STILL have not heard back from anyone. I have lost ALL patience at this point! How can I get the company to return MY rusted wristband to my home? Samsung is OBVIOUSLY not interested in interacting with me! All I asked for was a refund or a replacement…I don’t understand why this is so hard! I have not threatened to sue or ask for my medical bills to be paid…I JUST want a refund or replacement. This is both unprofessional and DISRESPECTFUL!!!  

None of this anger is directed at you, SamsungAdam. I am just floored that a company I was so loyal to has spit in my face like this..though, should I really be surprised? 😞 These big companies don’t care about their customers. Shame on Samsung. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I certainly understand your concerns. Can you please provide the requested information and follow up in a private message?

0 Likes
MsCathy1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here, developed red rash, like scar now.
0 Likes
sXedge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ridiculous! Was your band rusted under the silicone as well? Have you tried contacting Samsung?

0 Likes