Galaxy Watch Does Not Track Heart Rate

(Topic created: 07-24-2020 10:28 AM)
ReallyAdriel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Model Number: SM-R800NZSAXAR

---

I have a big issue with this watch. It does not track your heart rate, sleep patterns and more that relies on this after 3 - 4 days of continuous battery on. If I do try to check my heart beat it says

"Clean the sensor, attach your watch securely to the top or underside of your wrist (not against the bone), and try again."

It shows this every time. Upon turn off/restart with my watch being in the same location it works again. I have to repeat this process now for 2 weeks now.

The Watch needs device manager, like my S9 so I can have the ability to reset (auto restart) my watch every 3rd or 4th day. Or fix this with a firmware update ASAP.

---

Note: It is running on the latest firmware update.

59 Replies
userO68n7pBJZv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine is constantly making gaps in the HR chart(it is set to continous). It loses the hr for some reason. During workouts it does it almost immediately. Hopefully a few minutes get recorded. Really bad.....

SuperSix40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
its a software issue
0 Likes
userlKQ1kuZj7B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

New update!!!

Build Number : R800XXU1CSE1
Tizen version : Tizen 4.0.0.4
Release Date : 2019-05-20
- One UI for Watch
· Check information on your watch at a quick glance. Updated graphics(motion, interface) delivers refreshed look
- Watch faces
· You can now download new designs of watch faces
- Quick panel
· Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control
- Settings
· Setting menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for watch to be smarter. Additionally, Sleeping mode can now be turned on/off. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen
- Samsung Health
· Daily Activity feature added which shows user’s daily activity
  (Move, Workout, Hourly Activity)
· Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone and watch
  Watch also begins to track workout quicker
- Wellness of Heart
· If heart rate is measured over the limit(set by user), watch notifies the user
- Swim
· Outdoor swim has been added to tracking
- Battery optimization
· Setting to manage background apps have been added
- Sleep
· For more contextual information, sleep statistic now includes trends and statistics of users who have the same or a similar age as the user.
0 Likes
Andrei V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wondering if is any improvement in HR reading with this latest update.

Can someone confirm?

0 Likes
GhostyJHH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, 

Since this update i have been having so many issues, battery life has dropped from 8.5 days, to just over 4 days, heart rate sensor fails both auto and manually, step counter is not tracking all steps (fitbit does) have tried every listed fix nothing works... 

Im aware this is a software issue as it worked fine before the update. How can this be resolved...

0 Likes
userw7SSGWboxi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

i am having the same problem on my watch. it works only sometimes but whenever i start workout it stop tracking heartrate and says Clean the sensor, attach your watch securely to the top or underside of your wrist (not against the bone), and try again. after reading the thread and doing my research online i found out that this is a poor quality useless watch made by samsung. i moved from apple watch to samsung watch which i regret.

0 Likes
userhtT0VPjk38
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my Samsung Galaxy 46mm Watch on 12/02/2019. It took several weeks to arrive so I have only been using it since just before Christmas.

Although I like most of the functionality of the watch, I have a major issue. Continuous Heart Rate monitor isn't continuous. The only thing that is certain is that the watch will stop performing continuous monitoring at several times while I am walking, I am able to force it to start continuous monitoring again by going into settings, changing the mode to Manual Tracking and taking a reading and then switching back to Continuous Heart Rate monitoring at which point it will work for an uncertain amount of time before it stops monitoring again.

The Model # is SM-R800.

It is running Tizen 4.0.0.7.

The software version is R800XXU1DSL1.

It appears to be a software issue. When will this be abated?

0 Likes
userhtT0VPjk38
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

At this point I am pretty much fed up with the Galaxy Watch. The fact that the Heart Rate Continuous Monitoring doesn't monitor continuously is a deal breaker for me. Although I like the other functionality of the watch, without continuous heart rate monitoring it isn't worth it for me. I guess it will go into my "nice but basically useless" junk box.

0 Likes
userzy32OQGlC5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with the Heart Rate. I am surprised that the same problem has been present for 2 years without a real solution. Isn't Samsung capable of making functional devices? The promises are not kept. When will we finally have a reliable solution. I also encountered a problem with the altitude which was no longer recorded. The only solution was to reset the watch. Very convenient! Samsung can you hear us? Can you finally offer an update to all of these issues? Thank you!

P.S. Do we have to go to Garmin to have a functional sports watch?

0 Likes
userUteeKv8wLP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also had problems with the hearth rate while exercising. On my left arm I had the Active 2 and on my right arm, an iWarch.  The Active 2 while exercising was systematically showing high hearth rate while the iWatch showing hea the rate I range I was expecting. 
I solved the problem by attaching the band very tightly to my wrist. Since the Active 2 gives we HR within the range I was expecting and very close to the results from the iWatch

@userzy32OQGlC5 wrote:

I have the same issue with the Heart Rate. I am surprised that the same problem has been present for 2 years without a real solution. Isn't Samsung capable of making functional devices? The promises are not kept. When will we finally have a reliable solution. I also encountered a problem with the altitude which was no longer recorded. The only solution was to reset the watch. Very convenient! Samsung can you hear us? Can you finally offer an update to all of these issues? Thank you!

P.S. Do we have to go to Garmin to have a functional sports watch?

0 Likes