Galaxy Watch Does Not Track Heart Rate

(Topic created: 10-05-2018 07:57 PM)
ReallyAdriel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Model Number: SM-R800NZSAXAR

---

I have a big issue with this watch. It does not track your heart rate, sleep patterns and more that relies on this after 3 - 4 days of continuous battery on. If I do try to check my heart beat it says

"Clean the sensor, attach your watch securely to the top or underside of your wrist (not against the bone), and try again."

It shows this every time. Upon turn off/restart with my watch being in the same location it works again. I have to repeat this process now for 2 weeks now.

The Watch needs device manager, like my S9 so I can have the ability to reset (auto restart) my watch every 3rd or 4th day. Or fix this with a firmware update ASAP.

---

Note: It is running on the latest firmware update.

Peter Wegner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

"""It is running on the latest firmware update"""

At the moment only 2 or 3 Versions online...

But I am sure it is more precise if you enter Code:

*#1234#

Or if you scared... look under About... for something like this:

R800XXU1BRH3

Only as info...

Best Regards

0 Likes
ReallyAdriel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

As an update, the latest update ( R800XXU1BRH3 ) that was released a few days ago still didn't fix this issue.

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, here's the problem I've been having with the heart rate monitor and how to consistently reproduce it. If I set the heart rate monitoring to "Always," it tracks my heart rate without any issues, even when I'm sleeping. If I then have it track a specific workout -  I set it to monitor my "Circuit Training," it tracks my heart rate without any issues. BUT, if I end the training session, it stops tracking my heart rate altogether. If I go into settings,  I see that it is still set to "Always". It has failed to track my sleep twice,  and I couldn't figure out why until I looked at the individual record times and saw that both times it stopped tracking my heart rate after I finished my circuit training workout. The workaround seems to be to go into settings, disable heart rate tracking after a an exercise activity, exit, re-enter settings and re-enable the setting to "Always" track heart rate. I have no idea how such a simple use case was overlooked. Samsung definitely needs to step up its software verication.

Solution
ReallyAdriel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Latest update ( R800XXU1BRJ4 ) has finally fixed this issue.

Congrats Samsung, it only took 2 months.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userJYOjHS10VS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ever since I updated my watch last week, my heart rate and sleep log is no longer working. Help! Is there another update I'm missing? This is why I bought the watch. 

0 Likes
Rosvilla
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you fix it?
0 Likes
Rosvilla
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not it didn't
0 Likes
lzmafira
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

LOL, this version (R800XXU1BRJ4) now is breaking my watch. It won't/can't measure my heart rate or stress level !!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
JCo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just noticed yesterday that my watch hasn't taken any readings in 5 days now. If I download the other HR app, it will read and work properly. The issue seems to lie within the Samsung Health App and there's no way to delete/reinstall/update this app. It just freezes up and closes the app everytime I open it. I'm glad it's not just me, cause I knew I have been extremely careful with my watch. Although this is highly disappointly, because it arrived after I accidently broke the screen on my S9+. I'm waiting to get it in this week, so to finally get the full usage from my new watch. Hopefully once paired to my phone I can repair the watch issues, although shouldn't it be able to be fixed or updated without the phone connection?

Jessica Cole
0 Likes
userWZFZCWV25Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Still not showing deep sleep; only awake time, rem and light sleep.

Model SM-R800

Tizen version 4.0.0.1

Software: R800XXU1BRJ4

Knox: 2.3.0

0 Likes