Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReallyAdriel
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Watch Does Not Track Heart Rate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Number: SM-R800NZSAXAR

---

I have a big issue with this watch. It does not track your heart rate, sleep patterns and more that relies on this after 3 - 4 days of continuous battery on. If I do try to check my heart beat it says

"Clean the sensor, attach your watch securely to the top or underside of your wrist (not against the bone), and try again."

It shows this every time. Upon turn off/restart with my watch being in the same location it works again. I have to repeat this process now for 2 weeks now.

The Watch needs device manager, like my S9 so I can have the ability to reset (auto restart) my watch every 3rd or 4th day. Or fix this with a firmware update ASAP.

---

Note: It is running on the latest firmware update.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ReallyAdriel
Cosmic Ray

Re: Big bug/issue with the new Galaxy Watch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Latest update ( R800XXU1BRJ4 ) has finally fixed this issue.

Congrats Samsung, it only took 2 months.

54 REPLIES 54
user5BdxjCm6Fv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

24 hours of ownership and mine has done the same - no HRM and I am flat lining - which is really frustrating given it was the main reason I bought the watch.

Also notifications stopped from the phone but that has just restarted

Looking for a solution asap as I expected better

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ReallyAdriel: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Current Software Version

ReallyAdriel
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMichelle

Model Number: SM-R800NZSAXAR

Firmware Version: Latest one, R800XXU1BRH3

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Note: Use the paired phone to check for software updates via the Galaxy Wearable app for the watch.

From the Apps screen, touch Samsung Health.
Rotate the bezel to and touch Settings.
Touch Workout detection.
Touch the switch to turn Off the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine. (The icon will turn gray when the function is turned off.)

ReallyAdriel
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry When is this ETA of this "The issue will be resolved by a software update."

I shouldn't have to disable anything in order to make my watch function properly.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ReallyAdriel While we certainly understand the frustration with this, the disabling of those features is just a temporary solution until the issue can be truly resolved. We would not be able to speculate on exactly when this will happen, but our engineering team is working diligently to complete this process as quickly as possible. We greatly appreciate your patience with this. 

ReallyAdriel
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca "but our engineering team is working diligently to complete this process as quickly as possible. We greatly appreciate your patience with this. "

Well, they better work quicker, paid $400 for a 2 week delayed item that they couldn't have been Beta tested before the item was released. Ha

timur86
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear SamsungLarry

I have the similar issue once I try to measure my heart and stress rate but couldnt see any move on graph, it remains steady and finally gave error as "Unable to measure Heart Rate. Tap button to try again".

Unfortunately I had no experience to test HR and stress level before I updated my device to latest firmware.

Also after wearing my watch in the morning I see a warning on notification screen that "wear your watch to see notifications". As it seems that the watch couldnt notice its already on my hand. After rebooting watch, this issue gets resolved. But it worries to repeat this actions everyday.

Please tell me if its caused by new firmware which was just released for galaxy watch or is it hardware issue. 

Firmware version: R800XXU1BRH3

Tizen version: 4.0

Model no : SM-R800NZSATUR

BiN 3aMaR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello samsung. Same issue is here ! Any solutions !! I have just switched from Garmin face 3 to galaxy watch and i am having avery bad experience with it !