JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Feedback Thread

(Topic created: 07-17-2024 03:45 AM)
Barry4000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello I am here to tell you. I love the Galaxy Watch,but you're a little behind on the technology. 

Your Watch would be Epic if you added Solar Charging this way we could go longer between charging and this would put you way ahead of the game.
17 Replies
MatthewReiter
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think a update watch apps on phone feature should be added for Galaxy Watches running Wear OS. This has been a feature for Tizen Galaxy Watches and I would like to see it again, it would also be easier than using your watch and checking for updates there. 
Members_1FFxNXQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am finding my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro to be very useful and love that is continues to improve. I think one possible improvement that I would definitely use would be an alternative ("hybrid"?) always on display. I am thinking of an option where the watch face times out and is awakened like usual in any way that is currently supported, but when it times out the screen would not go completely blank but would instead have a very minimal display, even with just a digital time showing. This is esssentially what my Galaxy phone (a Note 😎 does and that barely affects the battery life at all while still being quite useful. Thank you.

Jdoherty76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I request that the minimum screen on time on the Galaxy watch 5 pro has an option to be reduced from the minimum of 15 seconds. This is too long and similar to fitbit should be 8 seconds and/or user adjustable. This would assist in battery life.

Thanks JD76

Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm trying to get my arms around what you think is going to happen, and doing the math I can't see how it would help. So, you're saying saving 7 Seconds each time you open the watch is going to dramatically increase your battery life? Let's do the math. Let's assume you turn your watch on 10 times an hour all day long which would be 240 times you save 7 seconds. That means you saved a total of 1,680 seconds over the course of 24 hours. Or, more simply, a whopping 28 minutes! So you believe saving 28 minutes a day of screen time on your watch is going to dramatically increase your battery life? What am I missing?
Jdoherty76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you Sun,  its not necessarily the time saving effort. it's the control you have over the functions that the watch provides.  it's of no great shakes for a line of code to be inserted that says 'or user adjustable' surely any action that provides any time saving in any capacity all goes towards the overall saving. That's all I was saying.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You know, you don't have to wait for the screen to time out.  You can just place your palm over the face after you've seen what you want to see, or if you use gestures, just twist your wrist.

niteskyz
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
sometimes I smack my watch because it's fun
0 Likes
denverw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I've had the Galaxy watch for for a little over 2 years now
It is a great watch overall but has a few minor minor issues battery is great microphones don't hold up well over 2 years and the speaker setup holds up okay but not the best

Basically this watches for someone who wants a Budget watch and still want some top and features

If you want a top and watch and you have the budget then go for the six

If you go for the seven then make sure you do not want reverse wireless charging because it cannot do that
And if you have 500 $600 laying around the watch ultra would be great for you