Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Gestures Update Features

(Topic created: 05-28-2022 10:49 AM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey Samsung,

After watching a video talking about upcoming Accessibility functions coming to iOS16 with Watch Gestures, it reminded me about that same feature you have on the Galaxy Watches. After exploring the features again, I had some concerns. 🤔

The gestures do not work, more often than not. But also with the type of motion required for the gestures, it seems like it would cause a lot of strain on the muscles of the wrist, forearm, and elbow. 🤨 Could their be a way you could refine the sensitivity of the accelerometer and gyroscope sensors in the watch to be able to recognize finer motor gestures? Such as tapping certain fingers together or making certain grips with your hand? 

For example, there could a gesture for answering the phone by making a fist but having your pinkie and thumb extended outward. Dismissing a calls or alarms could be performed by shaking your wrist in a similar way to trying to shake water off your hands. Or make a swiping motion with your hand like your fanning the air. Opening select apps and services could be performed by tapping select fingers to the thumb or extending select fingers while leaving the others closed. Such as making 🤘🏻 or 🤟🏻. 

(I would imagine that the last 2 examples could be problematic for people that have to use ASL to communicate. But I would like to think that the sensors could be adjusted in such a way to know the difference between making that hand sign abruptly vs while signing letters and words)

With all of the other sensors and associated features, I don't have a doubt that you could make it happen!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.