cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkAteIC5sJj
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Highly Over Calculating Burned Calories

I have had my watch since March and have never had this issue until a couple of weeks ago. I have done a reset of the entire watch, made sure all of my profile information is accurate on Samsung Health - and it's still having the same issue.

During my workouts, the watch will show that I have burned 0 caloreis - but then throughout the day it will shoot up to show that I have burned 5,600 calories and it's mid-day which is absolutely innacurate. It is showing that 4,300 of those calories are being burned from "Light Activity" which are apparently calories burned by light activities such as steps from the step tracker. This is 100% innacurate and there is something wrong with how this is calculating and I cannot figure it out.

When I used to wear my Fitbit I would burn about 2,000 calories total throughout the entire day on average, so there's another reason why I know this isn't correct. Does anyone have any thoughts??

Thank you!

KJ

6 REPLIES 6
userUHJeQCC4Xd
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Highly Over Calculating Burned Calories

I am having this exact issue and am also looking for a solution. Hope we get one!

usersbIJMMu3dY
Asteroid

According to my watch and the S Health App I burned 23,500 calories today and I was sitting in a car for 2-1/2 hrs. I hate this update! I want the previous calorie burned back. @MySamsung @TechSupport @help

userCoPI1kROAW
Astronaut

Same problem here. Very frustrating.

userCoPI1kROAW
Astronaut

I have the same issue. I called Samsung several times but no resolve. Just frustrating.

Samsung_qFsN72H
Astronaut

I've had that problem at all with mine idk what's going o...

I've had that problem at all with mine idk what's going on but I hope mine doesn't start doing that

user959PtBWROY
Astronaut

Re: I've had that problem at all with mine idk what's going o...

I'm having the same problem. I burned 17,000 calories today! I read somewhere that it may be due to MyFitnessPal, so I uninstalled that

@Samsung_qFsN72H wrote:

I've had that problem at all with mine idk what's going on but I hope mine doesn't start doing that

. We'll see if that helps.