cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userK8ewJeBdVg
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Hourly Chime Playing Multiple Times w/One UI update

I'm having the same exact problem which started after the last update.

userjBdDGgJRRn
Constellation

I have same issue . does your issue resolved ? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userjBdDGgJRRn Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Galaxy wearables app?

user3xOD6sC5EP
Asteroid

That's what I did when I followed the instructions of the support. It worked. For a few days and I got a new chime then the issue came back but with another chime that sounded like an digital alarm clock beep. So I've heard two different chimes Screenshot_20190723-010329_Samsung Members.jpg

JClintB
Asteroid

I have the S3 Frontier and I also have the same problem,...

I have the S3 Frontier and I also have the same problem, can't use the hourly chime because when it goes off on the hour it will chime 15 to 20 times or more. Please fix this, since so many are having this problem, one would think Samsung would make it a priority to fix.

userBambfzkGMm
Constellation

I am having same problem.  Son got tired of it and turned it off. LOL.  And I so loved it before 

@user5jX3DNUgir wrote:

With the May 2019 OneUI update, my Galaxy Watch 42MM is playing the hourly chime over and over for almost an entire minute at the top of each hour. Really annoying and embarrasing, since I loved the chime before. When this happens, there's nothing I can do to stop it, it just keeps playing non-stop. It eventually stops and then reoccurs at the next hour. It didn't do this prior to the update, so it seems like a bug with the latest update. I've already tried turning the chime off and on, restarting the watch, and restting it to factory settings, but this is still occuring as long as the chime is set to "On". Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

userkBBy9ZSRdP
Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing!  SM-R810, One UI version 1.  42mm S/N <hidden serial number>.  cAN YOU GUYS FIX THIS.  iT IS ANOYING!

user3xOD6sC5EP
Asteroid

I've heard One UI 2 is coming soon they will probably wait to fix it till then.

user8NLx0MwygZ
Constellation

I've been watching this thread with bated breath since June, when I got the One UI update on my SM-R815U 42mm Galaxy Watch. I've called Samsung and I've watched this thread, and there appears to be no solution, except perhaps sending the watch back to have its hardware/firmware flashed, which I couldn't be bothered to do.

Highlighted
userUWgszaFLB1
Constellation

I've had the same issue with my Gear S3 (BE59). It was great to see the feature added, but irritating that it rings and rings randomly, every hour. Also too bad there's no choice in ring tone. I've  cleared my Google Wear app cache, but from what I've read I'm not very hopeful. Any news on an update from Samsung?