cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Hourly Chime Playing Multiple Times w/One UI update

I've had the same issue with my Gear S3 (BE59). It was great to see the feature added, but irritating that it rings and rings randomly, every hour. Also too bad there's no choice in ring tone. I've  cleared my Google Wear app cache, but from what I've read I'm not very hopeful. Any news on an update from Samsung?

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have been having this issue.  It all started after an update last year.  I turned my hourly chime off because it would ding multiple times on the hour.  Not just the single ding it should do.  I recently had a new update for the watch and was hoping it took care of this issue.  Turned on the hourly chime and it still does the same thing Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue. It's really annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine does too. Only 4-5 Chimes very fast

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Trevb54 What troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to your issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungQue We all performed troubleshooting up to, and including, factory resetting our watches. Please read through this thread, hear what we have to say, and fix this issue that Samsung has been sitting on for FOUR MONTHS!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungQue I'm sorry, that was a bit untactful from my end. I spoke with a representative at 1-800-SAMSUNG, and they said that the software developers should be working on a solution. The rep created a ticket in my name and added a link to this community thread to the ticket. Hopefully we will see some progress. 🤞

Highlighted
Constellation

Had similar symptoms: hourly chime played 4-5 times (approx. 4 sec) at each full hour, sounded irregular ("chopped"). My solution: turn the chime off, restart the watch, NOT turn the chime on for the next hour; after the top of hour turn the hourly chime on. At the next hour, chime was OK (one short beep). Up to now, it is still OK Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

@userqRBw2R77yu - I tried doing that, in addition to clearing the cache on the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone, but the problem came back.

Highlighted
Astronaut

This issue was raised back in May and in November there still doesn't seem to be a fix.

Does anyone from Samsung have an update on when this will be resolved? It's highly inappropriate in meetings for a phone to chime 5-6 times on the hour. @SamsungMod23 @SamsungQue things have gone a little quiet.