cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch - Hourly Chime Playing Multiple Times w/One UI update

This issue was fixed for me after One Ui 1.5 came to my Galaxy Watch but it started randomly again now about 2 weeks ago. But at most 2 chimes turning off and back on has solved it sometimes and sometimes, same with restarting. But I've been able to solve it myself so it's not a permanent yet like it was before.

It's quite odd that 200-400$ "smart wear" have an issue like this for more then a year and there's no clear fix yet. Apple would not have let it slide for so long. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Is this bug still present for you?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I noticed about a week ago that I had the setting turned off. I've turned it back on again and so far no issues but it's a bit early to say.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Still Present for me.  Has been going on for months.  For a while it reverted to one chime only but up to 3 mins late.  Now back to multi chimes but on time.  Tried restarting and enabling/disabling etc but no luck.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Adding my +1 to this.  This has been going on for months and months on the watch.  For the most part, the watch chimes approximately 2-5 times - but this seems totally random.  Sometimes it only chimes once, like it's supposed to.

For the most part, it doesn't bother me.  The reason for today's search and post was the watch went off for about 60 seconds straight - now that's annoying!  Somehow I don't think this has any attention being paid to it, but here is some info about the watch:

Model # SM-R760 (non-cellular model)

Serial # <hidden>

Tizen Version # 4.0.0.4

Software Version # R760XXU2ESF2

It would be nice to have the issue corrected.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! thanks for reaching out, can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have done? This is just to avoid repeating any that you may have already tried. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Me too have this problem, and i totally wiped it, no other apps on it just the default apps! No music, No other data..... factory reset works for 1 till 2 days and then it starts all over again!

Galaxy watch (D484)
Model nr: SM-R800
Tizen version 4.0.0.7

software version: R800XXU1DSL1

Knox 2.4.0
SE for Tizen 2.0.0
TIMA 3.0.0

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have this indeed too, and it is really annoying terribly! I now turned it off, allthough i liked it too!
Factory reset works for a day or two and then it starts all over again

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have this problem as well except with the galaxy active watch 2 samsung techs please fix it!

Not just this i also have the same problem during uploading a Facebook video it just wont shut up pinging every second ping ping ping and vibrates constantly until the video has uploaded! Its hurting my wrist and i have medical problems its leaving issues like vibration retention! Please fix asap as it shouldnt keep pinging for the alarm and notifications

I told twitter and their reply was to turn off notifications! But why should i have to its part of the watches features and im meant to turn off notifications and the hourly chime as someone broke my software?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I read an answer of Samsung on this problem, elsewehere on this forum regarding this problem clearing the cache data on the wearable app on your phone should solve this...

Well Samsung Techs.... it does.... NOT!!!!
I did exactly as supposed and it DID seem to work....for a while!.... late evening at the same day i performed the actions it started AGAIN to ping three/four times....okay...it is less then before (which was sometimes 5 till 7 seconds pinging) but...it is NOT the solution!

So ...please techies... SOLVE IT!
It is a big shame a device with a price like this doesn't work properly anymore after a software update!