cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy Watch LTE (R805)

Does anyone know when the new update for the Galaxy Watch will be released for the LTE variant? The update has been out for the BT edition for about a week now, with no notification on when the update will arrive for the LTE edition.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE (R805)

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

I have this EXACT issue!! My watch is fully paid for and now no longer  can be updated as its not with any cellphone carrier and I'm locked into a contract with freedom mobile Canada with my phone so I'm completely messed over because of this!! Why cant we download the software for our watches through a Samsung website???? Am incredibly furious. 

Highlighted
Supernova

@mdloading 

I too own Galaxy Watch LTE version and I also have T-Mobile as my phone carrier.  The watch doesn't have service on it but I did notice that when T-Mobile releases update for their Galaxy Watch, then my watch gets it too.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My watch has never had a carrier as it was ordered off samsung website directly. Like the above post mentioned then where do we get the updates from????? As my current cellphone provider freedom mobile Canada does not support Esims and I'm locked into a contract with them so I'm unable to have my watch me updated. And.nowhere was it ever mentioned that the updates get pushed from the carrier and.nit samsung. So I'm stuck with a watch that cant even use the latest software and app updates. This is incredibly infuriating  

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the same issue here!! Unfortunately Samsung has mentioned that the cell carrier has the update for our device. There is no way to update it unless you activate it. Samsung has just lost a loyal customer will not purchase another Samsung device.