cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userc6Er4u6YGz
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch: Missing Alerts and Unreliable Sleep Tracking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the Galaxy Watch for about 2.5 months now, and it's generally worked fine. Last weekend I installed a small firmware patch. The firmware patch appears to have introduced two new bugs to my watch:

Sleep tracking has become extremely unreliable, it appears that the watch is not recording heart or motion data for the purpose of sleep tracking. I have multiple nights of 100% 'restless' sleep, when I should be showing about 4 hours of 'motionless' and 4 hours of 'light' sleep. Based on heart rate data, I normally get mostly 'light' sleep, with a few minutes of 'deep' and an hour or so of 'REM', but the watch seems to have stopped capturing heart rate data while I'm sleeping. It does show heart rate data in the Samsung Health app, so maybe the problem is that the sleep app isn't able to access the heart and motion data anymore? Oddly, I have one night last week where no sleep was recorded at all, and one night where it seemed to record everything normally, so the problem is somewhat intermittant.

The second new problem is that I'm not getting alerts telling me that I've been motionless too long, and need to walk or do a torso twist. I normally get these a couple times a day during the work week, especially when I have long meetings. But I haven't gotten any at all since the firmware update, despite sitting still long enough to trigger them.

I've done a Reset of the watch, and these problems are still present.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twiddlebug
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch: Firmware update causing new bugs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Saw on a blog that there was another firmware update. Took a chance and loaded it yesterday. Sitting at my desk today and I got the Inactive notification. Let's hope this update didn't break anything else.

19 REPLIES 19
userWBaAUMkxjx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is now measuring my heart rate as being in the 30's, phone sensor has me in the 70's. I'm also not getting the reminders to move.

userZvYEsL6FvI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Watch: 30 BPM occurred 4 different times and resetting restored normal operation--returned watch and received a replacement. Replacement had the same issue which occurred with 54% battery remaining. Chargingbattery restored normal operation(no reset). Problem may be related voltage firmware algorithm. Samsung?

SCADAman29325
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I got mine 2 weeks ago.

I haven't noticed issues like that, but maybe I haven't studied those enough.

But I'm still getting sleep and motionless notification.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you please provide me your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, and the device the watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

userc6Er4u6YGz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: SM-R810

Tizen: 4.0.0.1

Software: R810XXU1BRK3

Bluetooth

Paired with iPhone X, iOS 12.1.0

TrueKingNorth
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also no longer getting the inacive time alerts since the firmware update las week, on the 46mm

user3fQffyQOSb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please assist me with this problem as well? 

userc6Er4u6YGz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resolved? Heck no.

It's been about a month and a half since the firmware update that broke these functions. Samsung support has done nothing so far, and given no real indication that they even care. It's not like two top-line advertised features are completely broken by a software update that they are in complete control of, right?

TrueKingNorth
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just leaving this here, it looks like tons of people are having this issue after the firmware update. See reddit post:

<edit>

It would be great if we can get a fix for this ASAP.