JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Overheating and Battery Drain

(Topic created: 12-05-2019 03:16 PM)
userzxAfvJmnDh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for almost a year now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 10 plus.

Regards

66 Replies
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

0 Likes
userOgDQrFJYEX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It must be widespread...I'm having exact same issue.

usersZnyIPQugL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too am having this exact problem. I went from getting 4-5 days from a charge initially to two days. Had the chip and battery replaced 2 months ago under warranty and after I got it back and still only two days. Ah well, just learn to live with it. Then the update a couple of weeks ago did what the original poster on this topic said. Latest update, still have a hot brsclet that dies after 6-8 hours.

Model SM-R800

S/N R5AK90CQ2FH

Tizen 4.0.0.4

Software version: R800XXU1CSG4

- Have reset watch

- Have uninstalled then reinstalled Wearable App

0 Likes
userWYTcRRv9zD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ever since last update, my watch is not over heating but battery draining very fast

I had no problems before this.  This has happened with some other update but got better, not 

this time.

KingTony702
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

You haven't stated what watch you are referencing or the type of note you are connecting to. What apps have you installed? I am running an s3 frontier without issues where was my wife uses the new 40mm watch also without issues.

0 Likes
userefb082Rwvu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Watch owner here experiencing the same problem. My watch is about a year old so I've had time to monitor battery usage- I know that before the update I'd put the watch on the charger every morning and it always had between 65-70% left. After the update the watch was dead after about 15 hours. 

I changed nothing- no settings were changed, no apps were added or deleted-- nothing was changed. This is important for all the people that want to suggest I change settings or make suggestions on certain settings to improve battery life. I don't want to change settings- the watch is set up how I want it and the battery life was great before the update. Now it's not. There could be a setting that is causing excess drainage but only because the update caused it to. 

After waiting for about 45 minutes I got someone on chat-support and she suggested trying all the things I'd already tried and that didn't have any effect. So I went thru all that. The next day I did what I didn't want to do but what support suggested: reset the watch after backing everything up. That improved performance a little but it's pathetic compared to what it was before the update. 

0 Likes
userZSDiR3t3yk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you gotten a workable solution yet? Because I'm having the exact same issue with my watch. I'm running a Note8, and Galaxy watch. The battery has been running down from 100% to 0 in less than 4 hours,  the battery keeps overheating while charging, and now I can hardly get it to charge past 30%. I used my watch everyday, I am going to be very upset if I wasted $400 on a piece of tech that worked for just barely over a year

0 Likes
userefb082Rwvu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No help at all here. Makes you wonder why this forum exists. 

Thanks for nothing Samsung. You ruined my watch 😞

usergDWlOnR8xf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem only worse. I started feeling a burning sensation on my wrist and I found out it was my watch so hot I couldn't touch it. It's a Galaxy watch, bought it like a year ago. So I shut it down and re charged it to full power then turn it on again, It started warming up quickly and the battery started draining like crazy fast.   So I freaked out and shut it down again. I haven't turn it on since. That was like about a week ago. I'm  so disappointed,  I used to love my watch

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I will be happy to look into this for you.

Can you send a private message providing the full model code and the serial number of the watch so I can further assist? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

0 Likes