cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Overheating and Powering Down

I've had my Galaxy Watch for about 1.5 years with no issues. I wear it during workouts, but take it off to cool down after. I also tend to keep my watch out of direct sunlight and am careful to dry it off if any moisture gets on the watch face.

Last night, my watch turned off without me noticing and when I put it on its charger, it still showed 35% battery. I put my watch on this morning and saw that it was disconnected from my phone. I restarted, attempted to connect and was successful for only a few minutes before I received a message that my watch was overheating and needed to power down. I could feel it overheating on my wrist and left it alone for about an hour. When I powered it on again, I received the same message and my watch powered itself down. I haven't tried to charge it or turn it back on since. I checked the Wearable app and did not see any available updates

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch Overheating and Powering Down

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

Highlighted
Constellation

I am using the charger that came with the watch.

I put the watch on its charger after reviewing this troubleshooting. At that point, it read 86% battery. I retrieved it an hour later and it read 100% battery. It did not power on by itself once removed from the charger, so I powered it back on. The same series of events from this morning happened again- a message that the watch was overheating, followed by powering itself down

I will submit a service request now, thank you for the quick and thorough response!

Highlighted

I am using the charger that came with my device as well.  None of these solutions have worked which i did try prior to contacting Samsung this morning and was advised that I have to pay for repair.  I think this is unfair as I am not the only one having this issue since your updates have occurred.  

Highlighted

OMG this happened to my watch yesterday as well.  I kept feeling a pinch on my arm all day yeaterday i thought it was the band until last night  it was stronger i looked down and my watch said it was overheating i took it off my arm and i could smell the burn.  I let it cool off thinking maybe i was hot.  Tried it back on it again the same thing.  I put it on the charger tried the watch again this morning and the burning smell as well as the pinching which i figured out was shocks coming from the battery happened again and It turns itself off.  I did not have this issue (burning batrtery) until some update my watch did a couple of days ago.

I called Samsung this morning and they are saying they will have to charge because it is out of warranty.  BS i had no issues until these wearable app updates started i think back in April and my watch as well as my buds have not worked properly since.  Every update they do causes an issue. Now they are saying i have to pay for repair because my watch is out of warranty.  Are you KIDDING ME?  I had none of these problems prior to their updates.  If they do not fix this free of charge I will not purchase another Samsung product.  How can you charge when you know your updates have casued battery issues?  Seriously SAMSUNG get it together.  I was a SAMSUNG die hard but I might have to switch after this.  I am so diappointed.