JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 12-21-2019 12:03 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userfHsCIcvkaJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to Samsung Galaxy Watch Active this morning while hiking.  I noticed that my BPM was oddly 55 bpm, when I knew from past experience that it should've been around 140.  When I got home and took off the watch, the cover fell off, but I still have it.  All the other functions on the watch are accurate and working (Haha, showing my stress level in the orange zone).  What gives?  How do I get this fixed?   So aggravating, as I'm completely integrated into the Samsung Galaxy world, with my tablet, phone and watch, but if I can't get this fixed, I'll consider moving to a different planet.  I don't want to try crazy glue for fear of messing up the sensors.  Help! 

userwlDRsKvmrG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So this has happened to me three times now. First 2 was with the Gear Sport so then I was able to replace it with the galaxy watch thinking it was a fault in the Sport model, but then it happen again. Do you think it's sun cream? Sweat? I dont want to get another Samsung watch until I know whats causing it. I looked at the active 2 thinking it might be better but now with a quick google it seems that also falles off. 

It's really annoying that Wear OS does not have offline Spotify. If they did it would be an easy move. 

0 Likes
usercAc70NIfSX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a galaxy watch (MODEL NUMBER: SM-R810) that was purchased for me as an anniversary gift. Today as I removed my watch from their charger (the one that came with the watch) and the senor was stuck on the charger. I checked the warranty coverage of this watch (because I register all of my Samsung products) which will expire 4/20/20. I called the 800-SAMSUNG number to make the complaint and obtain an RMA for repair. The rep said my warranty does not cover 'water or physical damage' and would need a deposit in order to process my request. WHAT?!  Needless to say, I am highly upset with Samsung. We are a brand family from the phones, watches, televisons, tablets and appliances. If this is not rectified properly, we will be become brand loyal to someone else who values their customers. It is clear to see there is faulty adhesive on the sensors. 

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usercAc70NIfSX

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userHlHNFTwi0W
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

It happened to me today. Very disappointed. Only had it for 7 months. Normal activity no swimming and now got told there is a water damage. As soon as I found out they it slide off I stick it back on straight away. Now reading all the post I am not confident they will do the right thing to fix this defective product. 

0 Likes
userZMy9fkPQ4w
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This has happened to me three times!!

The first two times was on the Galaxy 40mm watch. The first watch's sensor fell off after 9 months and would not charge. I was able to return it to the store. The second watch's sensor fell off within 2 months. Then, I switched to the Active 2, thinking that it might be different. Nope. The sensor fell off within 2 months. This watch has never gotten wet or sweaty! I remove it when exercising or working outside! It is a shame that the $280 product will not hold up even if the wearer is inactive!! I replaced the Active 2 and will give this one more try. I am seriously considering the Fitbit.

userVxSis5bZN2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This just happened to me and Samsung is requesting I send it in for repair. The product works if I tape the plate on all I need is the circular seal. I suspect I will "have water damage" as well. All I want is the seal there no issues with the watch itself 

0 Likes
userEatZDw7jUh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am very sorry to read that I am not the only one who has acquired a Galaxy Watch, with the intention of registering little or much physical activity. I bought it with the will to use it to record the distances and heart rate when running.
Of the almost year that I have acquired it, it is already twice that I have to make a claim in a service center. Now the back cover has peeled off, and from what I find, they will surely leave me with what the warranty does not cover.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please send a private message with the model code and serial number so I may see what options are available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_IRXMaP5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The sensor cover plate on my galaxy watch came off today. Obviously the glue put on it wasn't strong enough to hold it.  This my first Samsung wearable device and I really like it. I'm really disappointed with the quality. I've had Fitbit watches in the past and never had this kind of problem.  

0 Likes