JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 01-24-2020 10:56 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there! 

@Samsung_IRXMaP5,

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
TBWilliams62
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I feel your pain. I have the Samsung 2, that I purchased a few years ago. It stopped working and they wanted me to pay $80-$90 to "possibly" fix it. The watches are very fragile, for that reason alone I did not have it fixed. It's in a closet. I will not purchase another one.

0 Likes
userYoncrFmxim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Add another issue to the list. I took my Galaxy Watch off last night and noticed the sensor cover was off and stuck to my arm. I've never taken the watch in water (no swimming, no showers, etc). Highly disappointed as this seems to be a known issue by now. It's unacceptable, especially with the price of these watches. I've owned the Gear S2, Gear S3 and was excited of the improvements that would come when I bought the Galaxy Watch. Obviously quality control has gone down.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userYoncrFmxim Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number. Is the watch Bluetooth only or LTE? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userYoncrFmxim wrote:

Add another issue to the list. I took my Galaxy Watch off last night and noticed the sensor cover was off and stuck to my arm. I've never taken the watch in water (no swimming, no showers, etc). Highly disappointed as this seems to be a known issue by now. It's unacceptable, especially with the price of these watches. I've owned the Gear S2, Gear S3 and was excited of the improvements that would come when I bought the Galaxy Watch. Obviously quality control has gone down.

I still can't believe all the problems everyone is having nad Samsung is giving everyone the same run around. I gave my husband my Gear S3 it was so big and was so happy when I got the Galaxy watch for my birthday last April. Now I am going to have to research other smart watches cause I doubt they will help me if noone else is getting help. They are telling the same people water damage. It stinks cause I have the S10 Plus and wanted Samsung cause I knew it would work well with phone. Now I have to have a backup plan and look into other brands.

0 Likes
Lamarb70
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm not sure what y'all are going through because I've had my watch almost a yr , & I take showers with mine, workout with it, & swimming, not once has my sensor fell off. I have 40mm Galaxy watch, & my wife has the active , both Bluetooth & lte. We are very happy with ours, but I apologise for y'all inconvenience or bad luck.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

1-800-Law-yer .... sorry, can't think of anything else ... class action?

useriq0NqtWiId
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

<edit> This is my fourth watch and all have done the same thing. I am tired of dealing with it. I like the watch otherwise.

0 Likes
SimonTower
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my Galaxy Watch at release date in Hungary(~16 months old). I used it at swimming at last summer without any issues but now my sensor cover felt off during my spinning training. It doesn't contacted with water for over 6 months. I don't trust the guarantee service in my country. Anybody has any useable idea?

0 Likes
userKFwD0iL3B9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Watch since March of last year and woke up today with the sensor sliding off when I removed the device from the OEM charger. Like a lot of the people posting here I've never used my watch for any water sports, showers, etc as I've always err on the side caution with tech and 'waterproof/resistance'. I'm disappointed by the feedback I'm seeing here and I hope that given the prevalance of this issue Samsung has started to take a different stance on this manufactuering defect.