JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 02-03-2020 01:00 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userKFwD0iL3B9 I would be happy to look into this for you further. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/ IMEI, and pictures of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKFwD0iL3B9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was responded to quickly but I'm being told that my model is not the US version, despite it being sold officially from Samsung via Amazon where it explicitly says its the US Version with US warranty.

Screenshot_20200203-154455_Amazon Shopping.jpg

0 Likes
userdx1oLreUSU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just took my Galaxy watch off and found the sensor cover hanging off of my wrist by a piece of sticky glue. I tried to push it back in place on the back of my watch but whatever glue there was is not sticking. I'm sure my waterproofing is gone. I loved this watch, best I've owned. Is there any solution?

0 Likes
userSPnqff7Qud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have 2 Galaxy Watches 46mm. Mine has been through heaven and back, being subjected to dirt, dust, grease and water every single day and the sensor cover never fell off. 

My mom's watch though has been handeled carefully, never in water and has already been repaired once through warranty, and now it fell of again! Called Samsung and was informed that the watch is out of warranty and I have to pay $70.31 in advance before sending in the watch! I mentioned that this same watch already been repaired for the same issue and the fee shoud be waived due to bad repair. The rep told me their system does not allow for that and I'd still have to pay.

This is ridiculous! Samsung support your own product. If you don't have the guts to acknowledge the massive problem with your product, repair it free of charge! 

userSNcFb0G6c3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happened to me also.  I sent it in for servicing and tried to say it wasn't covered because of water damage but I didn't go in water... even though it is supposed to be water resistant 😞  Anyway they "fixed" it but it now keeps slipping off again but is out of warranty.  I'm very disappointed.  I saw someone glued it on with super glue?  What i the solution?  

Also I should mention that it started burning my wrist and getting very hot.  

My watch is also no longer holding a charge for even 24 hours 😞 

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there!

I will be happy to assist with your concerns.

Can you send a private message providing the full model code and the serial number of the watch? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

0 Likes
userkZqBTVUSH8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought mine from Verizon. They have replaced it 3 times now and the same thing has happened to all three. Does the glue trick work? How is this possible? A billion dollar company and they can't keep their products from falling apart? 

usernt5Rl6Jzwd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to me. I got the watch active 2 from Amazon. I returned the first one because the sensor cover fell off and i got a new one. Two days ago, same thing happened to the new one and am not sure if i can return it again. The last time it was terrible going without a watch for days till the new one came. If this is the 3rd time its happening with you, then there is no need returning it because its just going to happen again.

And to think i switched from fitbit because of this watch? I am disappointed. I gave my fitbits away thinking samsung was the best option.

xtine_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This just happened to me this morning and I've only had it for 3 months (my first smartwatch, too - Active 2). I don't swim or shower with it, but I do wear it everyday and during the gym. I stuck the back cover back on but I honestly don't think it will hold, but thank goodness it's charging. I may have to do that super glue thing because reading all these comments in regards to a Samsung branded (supposedly) waterproof watch that Samsung won't even honor free repairs, it's making me lose hope in this brand. 

Unfortunate.

user0SvGkWLVgj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been having the same problem. I keep trying to stick the sensor back on but it won't stay for more than a day or two.

0 Likes