JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 02-07-2020 12:51 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't believe Samsung doesn't know that it is a faulty design. All these people here having the same problem and they are telling us all it's out fault and water damage. I won't recommend Samasung to anyone again nor will I buy from them again. 

@userWUJBjtgTCy wrote:

Mine also just fell off. I smell a lawsuit. This is obviously a fault in design and to say it's water damage for a product that clearly claims to be "water proof" is not right. 

user62Yy93mLg0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having this exact same problem with my galaxy watch. 

The sensor fell off this morning when I took the watch off. There was some sticky residue and it is hanging on for right now. How can I get this fixed?

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Is the watch Bluetooth only or LTE? May I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userpaaO6T0CvV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

this just happened to me also-is this something I can repair myself if not covered by manufacturer?  I will be upgrading phone soon and if my watch is not backed up by Samsung may need to change to Apple ecosystem...which is too bad because I really like the look of the galaxy watch

0 Likes
GreenSlackey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem with my Galaxy watch my wife purchased for me a little over a year ago for $350.94 . The cover on the back of the watch came off, I sent it in for repairs and paid the "initial repair fee" of $81.12 and due to "water damage" they're now asking for $246.85. A brand new Galaxy Watch would cost $239.99 from Best Buy. Why would I pay nearly the same cost as the original watch cost, when the watch couldn't have been well made if the adhesive holding the sensor cover comes off after just a year's worth of normal usage? I had loved Samsung, but this is absolutely absurd! I fully acknowledge there's a price for parts, but if the adhesive was capable of actually staying, there wouldn't have been any damage. And for a $350 product to be completely useless and needing a main board replacement and everything else they're charging, isNis completely insane. TheyreevThey're claiming waterowater damagepdamage,t but if the sensor cover adhesive didn't come off, there wouldn't be any water damage. With the way it seemed like the watch was made, it is certainly not anything I'd be proud to own if it needs to be replaced every year.

With multiple complaints about this, it doesn't seem to be normal wear and tear. Who can I contact to address this? I refuse to spend $350 a year to buy a new watch, that's absolutely insane, it shouldn't be defective after such a short period of time.

userzEqJjRuRFx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue. I bought this watch for hundreds of dollars and was really disappointed when the glue dissolved, the glass fell off, and when I read up on it online I saw how Samsung is dealing with the problem (lying about voided warranties from moisture that obviously comes from a defective adhesive, and charging people MORE THAN THE WATCH IS WORTH to fix it.) I love Samsung's products, bit the design and support for this issue is appaling.

I fixed mine for good by ditching the glass and filling the hole with a special skin contact-safe resin that is as smooth as glass and absolutely watertight. Has worked like a charm so far. Would do it ten times over again and I expect it to last forever with no issues. 

If anyone is interested in getting their watched fixed this way for cheap, feel free to reach out to me at my email <Hidden>

dlberke
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any issues with data recording? My sensor disc fell out last week and I didn't notice it until too late. My watch was still recording data for a couple of days but now won't record and share data with the app on my phone (Samsung health).

0 Likes
Samsung_Nm3tHPu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm not sure if this message is going to the writer of this post or not. If Samsung is reviewing it, you need to own up to this issue and correct it. I am a die-hard Samsung user, but soooo frustrated with this watch. Spent $145. last year to get the sensor cover replaced and repairs made to the watch when the cover fell off and the watch started shocking me. I've had it back about 6 months and it just fell off again. I don't wear it to bed, in the pool or give it hard use. I would love to know what you used to seal it.  I'm sure Samsung will tell me it's all my fault, when it is clearly a serious issue they have with the design. I refuse to pay again, only to have the repair last for 6 months. I hate to jump ship to Apple, but feeling frustrated enough to consider it. Since Samsung won't take care of the issue I'm open to other options.

0 Likes
NicoleWills
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

could you please tell me what resin you used? Your email is hidden and unable to copy to send you an email 

Thanks 

0 Likes
majon2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

someone recommended a waterproof glue the name they gave was E6000.

I didn't reglue the back yet .

0 Likes