JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 03-16-2020 07:06 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userTYXuU0yuGQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've experienced this problem as well and I've never ever gotten the watch wet or even sweat with it on and after reading all the complaints I don't hold out any hope that I can ever get the watch repaired. I really loved wearing it; this is too sad!

0 Likes
user6jgWR6VGfo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem. It just happened 5 minutes ago. I just received it as Christmas present 2 months ago. It just fell off when I took it out of the charger. 

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, thanks for reaching out! May I have the full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userGosQnnXFvy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just emailed Samsung about the same issue. I have never gone swimming with this watch or even showered with it. I've only had it 3 months. I hope they take care of it! Keep me posted on your progress. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userGosQnnXFvy, Please let us know if we can be of assistance.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userM7FDmD1kHl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userQT9nLTJmtZ  My Samsung galaxy Active 2 heart rate monitor cover came off. This evening, when I took my watch off to take my shower, the cover was sitting on my wrist. My two daughters got this watch for my Christmas this past year, therefore I've  only had it for not quite four months . I've read the complaints and it appears that this occurance happens often and Samsung will not take any responsibilty. I have been a Samsung consumer for years. I have loved the Samsung products but will not hesitate to switch to Apple if this is not remedied. Please let me know if you make any headway with this issue.

4-27-2020

Thank you,

mwilliams

<edit>

0 Likes
userUL0wiPVQUy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my Galaxy Watch in Dec. 2018.  The monitor cover fell off in July of 2019.  I returned it and after a hassle it was repaired and returned to me.  The cover fell off again in December 2019.  I returned it again and it was "repaired" again.  Now in May of 2020 the cover has fallen off again.  Samsung repair service in Ontario says the warrantee for a repair is only 90 days and the watch is not out of warrantee.  I plan to escalate this with Samsung.  This is clearly a manufacturing / design flaw with a simple fix possible with a change of the adhesive use.  N. Horofker P. Eng.

0 Likes
user3VPGb80GrU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please keep me abreast. I spent a good part of today talking to 4 different people and no one would provide any help. This is definitely a defect in the watch. I appreciate you looking into the problem.

Alice

0 Likes
usergW4f2sUYr2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've unfortunately experienced the same issue with the rear cover falling off on two Samsung watches at this point. My first was a Galaxy, and the latest is an Active 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

0 Likes
userx8ZXR3Ia2y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My galaxy sport sensor cover fell off. Never used in water or around water. I am surprised that it just fell off. For the money I paid this is unacceptable. Samsung should recall and fix this problem for free. Many of us are loyal samsung customers. They need to do the right thing.  Obviously the adhesive they used for the sensor is faulty.

0 Likes