cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

I bought mine from Verizon. They have replaced it 3 times now and the same thing has happened to all three. Does the glue trick work? How is this possible? A billion dollar company and they can't keep their products from falling apart? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same thing happened to me. I got the watch active 2 from Amazon. I returned the first one because the sensor cover fell off and i got a new one. Two days ago, same thing happened to the new one and am not sure if i can return it again. The last time it was terrible going without a watch for days till the new one came. If this is the 3rd time its happening with you, then there is no need returning it because its just going to happen again.

And to think i switched from fitbit because of this watch? I am disappointed. I gave my fitbits away thinking samsung was the best option.

Highlighted
Constellation

This just happened to me this morning and I've only had it for 3 months (my first smartwatch, too - Active 2). I don't swim or shower with it, but I do wear it everyday and during the gym. I stuck the back cover back on but I honestly don't think it will hold, but thank goodness it's charging. I may have to do that super glue thing because reading all these comments in regards to a Samsung branded (supposedly) waterproof watch that Samsung won't even honor free repairs, it's making me lose hope in this brand. 

Unfortunate.

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been having the same problem. I keep trying to stick the sensor back on but it won't stay for more than a day or two.

Highlighted
Constellation

My back sensor just fell off when I took off my watch. No swimming, no lakes or rivers maybe occassional shower and I've only had it a few months. I was told I can get a replacement watch if I pay the $90 deductible. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I'm reluctant to sink more money into a watch that isn't even paid for yet after what I've read on this site. Sounds like it's a money pit once it breaks.. any thoughts out there?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Wow same thing happened to me and I was 2 weeks shy of my 1 year warranty. The sensor kept coming off I tried to put it back on watch wouldn't charge said it was overheating or too hot to charge. It was kind of warm on my wrist and I had a red rashy sploch on my wrist. They are telling me the same thing that I have liquid water damage inside the back and corosion and water damage on the LCD.

I am waiting for a higher up supervisor to call me back but from coming here they aren't doing anything about it. I never once submerged my watch in any kind of liquid and always took it off to shower or bathe. I am appaled that this big of a company is scamming all these people and making it look like their fault. I told my husband if they don't make this right we are done with Samsung and we have phones I have a chromebook. It's Crazy! I guess I'm out of luck too. My husband found a thread on here for me to write in too which I did and I think this is another thread about the same problem. But it's crazy that this is happening to so many people and they are blaming it on us. I am so upset with Samsung right now.

Highlighted
Constellation

This just happened to mine yesterday. I keep putting it back on but I'm sure it wont stay. You think Samsung would make a fully functioning product that is usable during ANY activity. I am worried that if this little piece falls off and gets lost that a child can choke on it and die. Also now my watch is not waterproof any more, which is why I went to Samsung from iPhone. May have to go back to iPhone again. At least their watch doesnt fall apart...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

To anyone experiencing this please send your full model code and serial number via private message. Service will be required. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Well I just had my watch sent in (Warranty) got told its Broken due to corrosive damage on the motherboard.

1.) Never swim

2.) Never got it wet.

3.) This stupid backplate came off and I wore it. You are telling me small amount of sweat from an OFFICE job? Got it soaked, thats cute. 

I am quoted $350 bucks. to fix a major design flaw from what I can see.

I told Samsung to send it back to me as I will be going another route (Lawsuit) This is a joke. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue.  Never went swimming or got it wet.  Did they send your watch back to you yet?  Have you considered moving forward with the Lawsuit?  I think there are enough people complaining to warrant a class action lawsuit.  Thanks.