JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 04-03-2020 10:03 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
useraELqpyIpww
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My back sensor just fell off when I took off my watch. No swimming, no lakes or rivers maybe occassional shower and I've only had it a few months. I was told I can get a replacement watch if I pay the $90 deductible. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I'm reluctant to sink more money into a watch that isn't even paid for yet after what I've read on this site. Sounds like it's a money pit once it breaks.. any thoughts out there?

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow same thing happened to me and I was 2 weeks shy of my 1 year warranty. The sensor kept coming off I tried to put it back on watch wouldn't charge said it was overheating or too hot to charge. It was kind of warm on my wrist and I had a red rashy sploch on my wrist. They are telling me the same thing that I have liquid water damage inside the back and corosion and water damage on the LCD.

I am waiting for a higher up supervisor to call me back but from coming here they aren't doing anything about it. I never once submerged my watch in any kind of liquid and always took it off to shower or bathe. I am appaled that this big of a company is scamming all these people and making it look like their fault. I told my husband if they don't make this right we are done with Samsung and we have phones I have a chromebook. It's Crazy! I guess I'm out of luck too. My husband found a thread on here for me to write in too which I did and I think this is another thread about the same problem. But it's crazy that this is happening to so many people and they are blaming it on us. I am so upset with Samsung right now.

0 Likes
usercy3N9wPcU6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This just happened to mine yesterday. I keep putting it back on but I'm sure it wont stay. You think Samsung would make a fully functioning product that is usable during ANY activity. I am worried that if this little piece falls off and gets lost that a child can choke on it and die. Also now my watch is not waterproof any more, which is why I went to Samsung from iPhone. May have to go back to iPhone again. At least their watch doesnt fall apart...

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

To anyone experiencing this please send your full model code and serial number via private message. Service will be required. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Skyfox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well I just had my watch sent in (Warranty) got told its Broken due to corrosive damage on the motherboard.

1.) Never swim

2.) Never got it wet.

3.) This stupid backplate came off and I wore it. You are telling me small amount of sweat from an OFFICE job? Got it soaked, thats cute. 

I am quoted $350 bucks. to fix a major design flaw from what I can see.

I told Samsung to send it back to me as I will be going another route (Lawsuit) This is a joke. 

user2jU75HqYfO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue.  Never went swimming or got it wet.  Did they send your watch back to you yet?   Thanks.

useriq0NqtWiId
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree!!! This is my second Galaxy watch and both did the same thing. I sent both back during warranty and was sent a new watch. Now it has done it again and it's out of warranty and they want to charge me to repair. This is a serious design flaw and the watch is expensive. Is there any recourse we can have? Could we all band together and demand that watches be fixed? 

useriq0NqtWiId
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is my second Galaxy watch and both did the same thing. I sent both back during warranty and was sent a new watch. Now it has done it again and it's out of warranty and they want to charge me to repair. This is a serious design flaw and the watch is expensive. Is there any recourse we can have? Could we all band together and demand that watches be fixed? 

userMpo8t703jg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Rather than the whole forum giving yoruba model number and life story, could you please post a "fix" or a real solution. This NOT resolved at all. It's obvious Samsung just picks and chooses which it wants to fix while customers are left out. Word is out, the watch is horrible for customer service. Fix that for the masses, not for the few. 

usereuvOU4ZzAa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not a solution.  There is clearly an issue with this being a common problem. Sending in the watch for service just gets you a bill for more than the watch costs retail.