JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 04-03-2020 11:18 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
B-Kole76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had this put back on and the watch was returned to me.  Within a matter of 4 months, the same issue is occuring.  Is there anything that can be done?  Is a replacement an option? 

0 Likes
user4qMjBFB0YP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happened to me too. What do I do? 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

0 Likes
Plumie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happened to me today as well!  I didn't know this could happen!  I've never swam with it, never keep it on during showers and even take it off to do dishes.  Now it looks like they don't want to cover it under warranty?!  I've only had my watch 8 months 😔

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usernBmHtdxA4b can I please have your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Plumie wrote:

This happened to me today as well!  I didn't know this could happen!  I've never swam with it, never keep it on during showers and even take it off to do dishes.  Now it looks like they don't want to cover it under warranty?!  I've only had my watch 8 months 😔

Do they not relaize this is happening to people and it is still happening. I am reading all your post and it just happened to me too. I bought mine 4/2/19 so I'm guessing their was a bad batch made I don't know. And them to be blaming it on us. I am like you took it off to shower and never kept it on when being exposed to lots of water. It's Crazy!

0 Likes
userzJkM2DiwP0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just like everyone else on this thread, this happened to me as well. 

Prior to this I had an S3 Frontier which malfunctioned after warranty was up, I sent it back and was told it was damaged in water. It was never in water and only used to work out. They gave me a quote to repair it that was more than a new watch. Unreal.

When the Galaxy Watch was introduced with the ability to be worn while swimming I reasoned that this would be perfect as if it can stand up to swimming, it can stand up to my sweat. 

Had the watch for about 7 months and use it to track running and sport activities. I don't use it swimming.

This past week my GPS location stopped working. I tried turning the GPS on/off and hard resetting the watch. No luck. Then realized it also stopped tracking steps.

Took it off and found the glass backing that goes over the sensor had shifted off and it too had the gummy residue from the failed glue on the back of the watch. 

This is unacceptable and ridiculous. I have bought countless Samsung phones and watches. This is the second time I've thrown money away by buying a Samsung watch.

I'll call customer service tomorrow when it opens but I don't anticipate having luck from them due to my previous experiences with them.

After reading all these other posts and realizing it is a common problem it makes me really upset and disappointed in the waste of money this purchase turned out to be. 

userYjnuqPN3S4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My sensor cover just fell off last Friday.  A couple of minutes after taking my watch off, I noticed something stuck to my wrist which turned out to be the sensor cover with a glob of goo on it.  I tried putting it back in place, but it came off again that evening.  This time, I found the sensor cover in my truck near the driver's seat.  I haven't worn it since.

Like others have stated, I have only worn this watch for normal daytime use and some aerobic activities.  I don't wear it during my daily HIIT workout.  I don't swim regularly and have never worn it in the shower or exposed it to water in any other way.  The closest thing to water this watch has seen is sweat off of my wrist.  I don't even wear it while I sleep.

This is an obvious design flaw and Samsung knows it.  If you look at the newer Galaxy Watch Active, the sensor cover is integrated into the back cover of the watch and is not a separate disk as it is on the Galaxy Watch.  Samsung ought to be bending over backwards to make this right with their customers.  Instead, it sounds like they are doing just the opposite.  We have all kinds of Samsung devices in our home.  But with this kind of customer service, it sounds like it's time to look for a more customer-focused company.

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

0 Likes
userh0f2KY5tnj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

20190727_064305.jpg

The back has also fallen off my watch. I've had it less than 2 months. What should I do?