JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 05-24-2020 09:31 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSskAEfWyr7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anyone know the purpose of the little back panel door on the back of the Active2 above the charger plate? I just noticed it's missing. If it's been missing for a while, is it possible water has gotten inside? Also, does anyone know whereI can get a replacement?

s-l1600.jpg

0 Likes
Jay94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think that is port that when we connect device to other device like computer.

0 Likes
Joe-136
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you would like to mod your watch and stuff this port is supposed to help you get around the wireless download restrictions some watches have.

And if you would like to know more follow this link[fixing wireless download mode](https://youtu.be/oQNOaZ8-BTQ)

*Sorry for the format, I'm on my mobile.

0 Likes
userFtw6JENdQG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My wife's Galaxy Sport has had this problem too. Has been to Samsung service at least twice for this, once for over 2 months. Samsung told me they'd send me a new watch but instead sent the same watch again. I've been using Samsung devices for a while now but its time to switch to something else.

<edit>Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 2.49.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-08 at 2.50.09 PM.pngGear_sport.jpg

0 Likes
LenaG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Had it happen to my watch twice and you are right ,for $400 I expect some quality. I owned a lot of Samsung watches and this is first one I have problem .Now ,I am thinking, should I buy another Samsung watch or not?

@userWBHd5eMSjS wrote:

I got a Galaxy Watch 7 months ago and have loved it immensely. However, last week the cover for the heart rate sensor on the back fell off. I could see that adhesive that had held it on was there, but was squishy on no longer able to hold it on.

I sent it in to be serviced and was informed that it was no longer under warranty because of the condition it was in, the reason being that it was water damaged. The watch has never been under water and was still functioning when I sent it in. I argued that even if it was water damaged, the only reason it was was because the cover for the sensor had fallen off, which in itself would be a warranty issue. They did not budge and insisted that I pay for the repairs ($430)

Can anyone think of any advice on other options to proceed, or am I simply out of luck?

0 Likes
userFBxVw5XFIe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happen to me as well. I was walking and when I came home the back cover came off, but everything works correctly. This is obviously an issue if you can find so many posts about this issue. I am out of warrenty and I do not know what to do. It is fustrating reading in this thread that Samsung is basically asking us to pay the full price of the watch to have them fix this issue.

20200630_205540.jpg

0 Likes
usera58exoArgx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The back cover just fell off of my Gear S2 watch (Model SM-R720). I have never gotten it wet or taken it in the shower or swimming, etc. It left a sticky black residue all over my skin. It looks like they manufactured it with an inferior glue. This sounds more highly likely to turn into a class action lawsuit. Samsung I would apprecaite some assistance!  

0 Likes
userz3bjxoe8My
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine also fell off.  No, I wasn't swimming or bathing with it. No water exposure whatsoever.  Perhaps the silicone adhesive Samsung (or a manufacturing sub-contractor) used is not adequate.  That inadequate adhesive seems to be the only thing holding the back on.  Really? No mechanical or threaded fasteners?  After paying $300 for this Active 2 less than a year ago, this is very disappointing.  But what is even more disappointing is to hear that the blame is quickly directed at the customer in thinly-veiled attempts to slither away from warranty claim responsibility.   I'm an aircraft mechanic for a living, and do not wear my Active 2, nor any jewelry at work, not even my wedding ring.  To find that silicone (or similar) adhesive is the only thing holding the back on is rather surprising.  Can you say "junk?"  Sure, I knew you could.  Now we have to waste time here floundering for help?  It's a shame.

0 Likes
usergPR3PfIeaS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Happened to me. Was going to submit a warranty claim but seems that didn't get most people very far. Luckly my sensor and charger still works and only the cover came off. I think for many people the seal started to go bad and moisture got in there to ruin the sensor. I removed the rest of the seal with some denatured alcohol and q tips then put a very tiny bead of gorilla glue. I applied the glue with the tip of a needle so the glue only got on the outer rim. Put sensor cover on, set one of my ammo boxes on it for 12 hours and then carefully scraped off any remnants of glue and works great now. 

This is only for people that had the cover come off but charger and sensor still work. I've always been careful to not get it wet but I will definately be even more careful now that I'm sure my gorilla glue job isn't water tight. 

Thanks.