JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 08-09-2020 06:26 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Atrebido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes but fell of again everything works but lost cover ....

@userC2wadgKgcd wrote:

Did you clean off the goop before adding the krazy glue?

Atrebido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes I did and I only place 3 tiny dots unfortunately it lasted about a month and a 1/2 and when I took off my wife's I realize I lost the sensor  Cover this time so I'm not able to do it again and I did wipe off the goo ... It's a shame that we have to go through this I have now went back to my Galaxy S3 classic which I suggest to anyone who has the sensor cover issue unfortunately it's not solely so you need to use  Thru  Bluetooth

Samsung_vg9xlDl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @userC2wadgKgcd,

Did you ever get an answer to this or try it out? My back sensor screen fell off and see the sticky stuff. I don't mind gluing just want to do it correctly so I don't mess up my watch.

Thank you for your time. 

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
0 Likes
userIEdl1eo2s6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the  same issue. I hesitated fixing it myself with glue. But if it worked for you I may try it.  It doesn't sound like its very well made.

0 Likes
useru0A6x7lR97
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing has happened to me, and been told be EE it's nothing to do when them and I'll have to go through the Samsung Avenue. Having read everything here in not optimistic it'll get fixed.

useriN5H8z4Qs5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

mine did same thing and I had to pay to get it fixed and sure enough just happened again a couole days ago.  Im very frustrated!!

0 Likes
userV6MMxTNqcF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I need help. My galaxy watch sensor keeps coming off. I have only had it since Christmas. What do I do?

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you please send me a picture of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwl2Rgpd4w5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to me.  I had to send it in to have it repaired.  They are supposed to be water proof but I don't think they are.  

0 Likes