cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The sensor cover for my galaxy watch active 2 came off for the second time in three months and I am really upset by the whole situation. I ordered galaxy watch active 2 back in March of this year. At the end of June, the back cover that covers the sensor came off. I was using my watch as an everyday device as well as for my workouts. I was surprised that the problem developed so quickly, but I contacted Samsung support and they were very nice in assisting me with my return for repair. I got my watch back in early July. Mid August, the same problem developed and the sensor cover came off again. I contacted Samsung support again and was cleared to send the device for repairs. On August 20 I sent out the device for repair to Samsung. On August 22 I received an email with a bill for repair services. I was trying to contact Samsung for several days, trying to figure out what the problem was, spending valuable time that I could spend working or studying. The support pointed out that the sensor cover repair was not covered by warranty. That’s very interesting considering that the first time I sent the device in for repairs everything was covered. Secondly, the warranty statement states a 1 year warranty on watch. The back cover is part of the watch and hence is covered under warranty. Additionally they found some kind of scratches on the device which was unexpected for me considering the devise was lightly used and well packed for shipment. Now Samsung is calling me everyday stating that I have to pay $81.12 for the problem or otherwise my device will be sent back to me unrepaired. To me, this problem is clearly a manufacturing defect and probably has to do with the quality of components that Samsung is using for this device, specifically the glue in this case. I am really upset that such well respected company as Samsung can engage in such questionable practices with regards to quality to their devices and their customer support. This forum has pages upon pages of discussions of exactly the same problem, and several threats created describing this exact problem. <edit>

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just experienced the same problem... the back cover fell off our Active 2 without any abuse/actions on our part.

@userHUt6fK3WJK   Have you had any resolution from Samsung?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Where can I buy the adhesive for the back sensor?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Making the bed this morning my wife found her back plate stuck to the sheets. She doesn't even get it wet when it rains. Just looks like bad glue quality and even worse quailty control by Samsung. It was a Christmas gift 2019, so I expect zero resistance when I start this repair process.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this watch for hundreds of dollars and was really disappointed when the glue dissolved, the glass fell off, and when I read up on it online I saw how Samsung is dealing with the problem (lying about voided warranties from moisture that obviously comes from a defective adhesive, and charging people MORE THAN THE WATCH IS WORTH to fix it.) I love Samsung's products, but the design and support for this issue is appaling.

I fixed mine for good by ditching the glass and filling the hole with a special skin contact-safe resin that is as smooth as glass and absolutely watertight. Has worked like a charm so far. Would do it ten times over again and I expect it to last forever with no issues. 

If anyone is interested in getting their watched fixed this way for cheap, feel free to reach out to me at my email <Hidden>

20200910_091826.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've had the same problem. I sent it back to Samsung, they repaired it by putting on another one of those adhesive rings, from what I can now see. I love the watch but the quality is not what it should be compared to what it costs. It's ashame really. I will contact Samsung AGAIN and they'd better not say that it's my fault and that I have to pay for it! All of these complaints about the same issue should be raising flags that this IS a valid issue with the product!
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear about this. This would be a servicable issue.

Please note, that if there's any water or sweat that has gotten in the exposed components, this could cause liquid damage to your unit. Liquid damage is not covered by the manufacterer's warranty, so any needed repairs would have costs associated. 

If you are out of warranty, please reach out to our depot team to obtain pricing for repairs - 1-310-669-4334. 

For in warranty units that are experienicng these symptoms please reach out to us one of the following ways: 

Contact Moderator

Contact us on Facebook

Contact us on Twitter

Call us at 1-800-726-7864

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ SamsungJustin

It really burns me to see you say over and over again that liquid damage is not covered on a watch that is supposed to be able to be used for swimming! As many many users have reported on these forums, Samsung uses the excuse of water damage to refuse to repair their watches for free and wants to charge almost the full original cost for a repair. <edit>

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me. Is it worth trying to get it repaired? Or should I just buy a new one? I think this one is 2 years old.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having same issue.

ISSUE: Sweat is causing the back cover  to come off. The only thing that holds the back cover on, is a thin ring of adhesive.

I live in Arizona. It's hot and can be sweaty just sitting at my computer.

I superglued the back cover back on. It still seems to work, but I was fed up with support saying the issue is due to water and not covered. Won't buy another Samsung watch again.