JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

(Topic created on: 11/14/20 12:56 AM)
userWBHd5eMSjS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got a Galaxy Watch 7 months ago and have loved it immensely. However, last week the cover for the heart rate sensor on the back fell off. I could see that adhesive that had held it on was there, but was squishy on no longer able to hold it on.

I sent it in to be serviced and was informed that it was no longer under warranty because of the condition it was in, the reason being that it was water damaged. The watch has never been under water and was still functioning when I sent it in. I argued that even if it was water damaged, the only reason it was was because the cover for the sensor had fallen off, which in itself would be a warranty issue. They did not budge and insisted that I pay for the repairs ($430)

Can anyone think of any advice on other options to proceed, or am I simply out of luck?

235 Replies
Jenerator99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the Samsung S2 watch, back sensor cover fell off. So, next year (2018) I got the Samsung galaxy watch. The back cover fell off again.
Excited about the Active 2 arriving, I figured this issue would have certainly been addressed by now... I've had the Active 2 since March 2020. I had to have the same problem repaired in June and now again.
I have Samsung everything almost. I would have thought an issue with a glued on part would have been redesigned by now. I also notice a bunch of places selling replacement sensor covers, so it seems like a known problem.
Samsung, adhesive really??!!
All that tech, engineers, designers and the other highly educated, highly paid people and you use double sided tape......
Really disappointing.
0 Likes
userX9qIRA2YeI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Me back sensor glass fell off of mine also.
I have never took it swimming and somehow the watch is done. everything seems to work fine ,but I'm afraid to wear it now since the sensor is exposed.
I contacted Samsung and of course its out of warranty.
0 Likes
Jenerator99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had this happen to me 4 times now. First the galaxy S2(bought used) , then the galaxy watch (Samsung fixed) and now the 2nd time on an Active 2 and I've only had it since March..
I give up.
0 Likes
usercDSk4ikRyV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The glass on my sensor just fell off today. Had my Galaxy watch for over a year. Very disapointed. This is my 3rd Galaxy watch. Probably not going to buy another.

0 Likes
Disapointed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
this seems to be a recurring issue with these watches. what has happened to your products Samsung?? I've only bought your phones and tvs... after my experience with this pos active 2 never again... this should be a recall.
0 Likes
Jenerator99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

A recurring issue is an understatement. It's happened to me 4 times. 2 times on 1 watch and 1 time on 2 of the older models. Yet they don't change the design.

0 Likes