JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 07-09-2019 10:27 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing just happened to me, when I woke up this morning and took my watch off the sensor cover had slided off and was stuck on the back cover. The adhesive must be really poor quality. I have returned it to the vendor for a repair and are anxiously waiting to get it back.

RicD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, I do not think you are anxiously waiting. Anxious comes from the Latin word Angere, meaning to choke and strangle. Anxious implies fear, dread, trepidation, and the like, all negative feelings. Eager implies a positive something one is looking forward too, thus my guess you are eagerly waiting.

0 Likes
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Actually, read the many disappointed posts, I think "anxiously"... as in filled with anxiety... is the appropriate word 🙂
0 Likes
usernO3pj6OUuo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The back sensr glass cover came off of my watch.  I took the watch off and found this sticky residue on my wrist and the glass plate had come off the back of the watch.  I restuck it on the watch and it stayed on for about a month, but the other day when I took off my watch the glass was gone.  It worked until the battery died, because now it won't charge when I connect it to the charger.  

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Atrebido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ive sent back everthing I was asked to send from date bought to serial number address etc etc and no reply back can someone just give me a straight answer will you fix per warrantee or not 

userwl2Rgpd4w5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to me. I had to send it in for warranty repair.  If they tell you it isn't covered because of water damage, call because these are supposed to be water proof. They have the swimming laps tracking built in so you better be able to get them wet.  

0 Likes
userLhxouK3g7C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The sensor cover came off of my Gear 2 twice and recently came off with my 5 month old Galaxy Watch. I really thought that with the innovations between the G2 and GW that this wouldn't STILL be an issue. 

When I called Samsung Customer Service, the employee initially told me to, "just stick it back on" which I found funny since had that worked, I wouldn't have been calling for repairs. Then, she asked if the watch had any damage to which I replied, "No, and I'd like ro keep it that way by getting the sensor cover put back on correctly." 

One feature I thought was great about this phone was the water resistance advertised, but now I'm afraid of even wearing it in the rain or while working out. 😥

B-Kole76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am dealing with this same issue.  They wanted $268 for a motherboard replacement and the issue is a defective tab on the watch.  They said that the warranty was voided because of damage (tab was off the sensor).  

If there are any resolutions, please pass them on.  

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@B-Kole76 Can I please have your ticket number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes