JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 08-07-2019 12:28 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userh0f2KY5tnj Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZaB7aOdu8k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userh0f2KY5tnj I literally thought this watch was mine.  I took a picture almost identical to it.  Did they do anything to help you?  They are claiming water damage on mine, and they refuse to fix it under warranty.  I've had it less than 2 months.

0 Likes
Blqman989
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened mines

0 Likes
InfiniteBeing
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately,this happened to me as well.Fell off a few times,placed back on,now only charges to 14% at most, overheats,then drains.Havent used for 3 weeks now.

Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

OMG! Sorry I keep commenting on different peoples post but yours is doing exactally what mine did. Mine fell off a couple weeks ago found it on the bathroom floor tried to put it back on their was sticky goop on the back and the part that fell off. Mine quit charging and was overheating and they are telling me it has water damage and corosion and blaming it on me. It is ridiculous!

@InfiniteBeing wrote:

Unfortunately,this happened to me as well.Fell off a few times,placed back on,now only charges to 14% at most, overheats,then drains.Havent used for 3 weeks now.

0 Likes
JHarn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have notice Samsung has no solution to this problem !!

I have had this Galaxy watch for 9 months and the rear heart rate sensor cover has come loose also.  I had the same problem with my S3 watch, with the back plate disk coming loose.  These waterproof watches are obviously not perspiration proof  !!  And it looks as though Samsung will ignore this problem.  Well what does this tell me about Samsung support for watches, phones and tablets, which I have all ?  Stop buying defective Samsung Products  ??? 

Is This My Solution Samsung !!

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

0 Likes
Display-Name
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine just started doing this today. Not at all happy about it.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userWBHd5eMSjS Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • serial number
0 Likes
Shakm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The samething just happened to me. The sensor just came off. Today was a super humid day. Reading all of post about this issue I'm fairly disappointed in how Samsung is handling this. To be told water damage on a watch that's water resistant is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. On top of that the watch is about 9 months old.

0 Likes