JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 10-18-2019 04:25 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userC2wadgKgcd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you clean off the goop before adding the krazy glue?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userzJkM2DiwP0 I would be happy to assist you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFFF9cyvsSA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My back cover fell off and lost it.. 😕 Why does it not stay put?

userSixnEkTCyT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same happened to the round sensor back on my Galaxy Watch.  I contacted the supplier within the warranty period & they told me that it was my fault & I would have to pay for repairs (which with postage would have cost almost the same as a new watch).  It was certainly NOT MY FAULT the back fell off.  It happened when we were away on holiday out walking & I didn't realise it had gone until we arrived back to our accommodation.  There was some slimy sticky stuff on the sensors, so I tried putting some clear sticky tape on the back.  I figured this would cover the holes in the back & stop sweat and dirt getting inside.  I wish SAMSUNG would repair or replace the watch, it's definately a manufacturing defect.

userY9YlrZsGEx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My galaxy watch sensor fell off too and I sent it to Samsung for repair. They told me that the issue was liquid damage and it would cost $353.  I have not used this watch in water and mainly use it to workout. Reading several posts on this issue, the cover falling off seems to be a defect in the manufacture of the watch.  Why Samsung is not fixing this issue does not make sense considering the numerous complains. It very frustrating to be told the issue is liquid damage when the watch was working fine and was only missing the cover. I think its very unfair for Samsung to have its loyal customers pay for an issue that is a product defect.  I love the watch and the idea of getting a new one only to continue to have the same cover problem is off putting. At this time it makes me nervous even buying a new one especially when Samsung does not seem to make an effort to fix the problem.

I have asked Samsung to return my watch since it does not make sense to pay for repairs that cost the same as a new watch. I am beyond disappointed with Samsung as I consider them to make excellent products and have been a loyal customers for so many years. This has shaken my trust in their products and I do not see myself recommending the watch if they do not fix the defect..

userlHwni8oEAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This also happened to me.  That is rediculous on the repair price.  After reading all the comments i believe i will just glue it on myself.  What a defect..  This fix should be free!  the watch works perfect.. just the sensor screen fell off after a run. 

userZaB7aOdu8k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The same thing happened to me after only 2 months.  I decided to go swimming with it.  I put it in swim mode, and I was in the pool for about 10 minutes before I noticed it stopped working.  I got out immediately to dry it off.  As I was drying it off, the cover slid right off.  It's advertised as a product you can swim with - up to 50 feet.  I did not go that deep; I was just hanging out in the pool.  So, if you are supposed to be able to swim with it, should the cover come off that easily?  I was in contact with people at Samsung, and I brought up the fact that it's a defect in the product.  I was ignored and told that there is nothing that can be done under the warranty.  

user4v7TaSNoj4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have 2 of these watches. This happened on the smaller size one and I sent it back to Samsung while it was still in the warranty period. They fixed it and sent it back but I believe I had to pay for shipping. Just this weekend it happened on the one I wear more frequently which is the larger size. It seems to  me they would fix this issue. I agree with others who have stated it's a design issue. Almost every electronic that I have it Samsung so this is greatly disappointing to me. After reading the comments I will just glue it back on since they clearly won't do anything.

userWUJBjtgTCy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine also just fell off. I smell a lawsuit. This is obviously a fault in design and to say it's water damage for a product that clearly claims to be "water proof" is not right. 

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please send a private message with the model code and serial number. If the watch is LTE, please also include the IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes