JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 12-05-2019 06:19 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
useriyle92xgPH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This also happened to me! I noticed the heart rate cover falling off while working out. I immediately stopped wearing it in fear of water damage from my sweat. Called up samsung. After trying to explain to them what happened( which I'm sure they still misunderstood) they opened a ticket. They warned me that if the tech ends up demeaning it physically damaged, that my warranty will not cover it. Judging from everything I've read from the comments, there is no hope that I wouldn't have to pay.  This will definitely be my last samsung device.

westcoastinmike
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem as the OP. I called Customer Service and they couldn't have been nicer. They shipped the watch back overnight for service and expedited both the shipping and service.

Said I'd have it back in about 7 days. I feel weird without it, but the cover was coming off, the stair count was being weird, and bazel wasn't working correctly sometimes.

That said, I was using the watch every day nonstop. Heavy exercise including swimming, daily 12000 steps minimum, biking, sleeping and more. Thing has helped me lose like 70 pounds and counting so I definitely love the watch!

I'll let everyone know how the service goes.

westcoastinmike
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got my watch back..it was pretty quick turnaround. Sent it out on the 17th and it's back on my wrist today 10/22

Everything appears to be in order. I'll update if anything changes but I'm a happy camper for now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happened to me as well. I don't understand why this is such an issue. I had my gear S3 for over two years with no issues. Debating if I should just go the "insured" route through my phone carrier or go the  warranty route, Samsung just makes the warranty process so obnoxious and incapable of resolving in store, there's not even a store near me. Only authorized repair shops. 

0 Likes
usergOICqVHMPR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello all,

Just a little rant i guess. I'm super upset right now. ok now that is out of the way. Just got off the phone with Samsung.  Total Disapointment with this company.

Baught my wife the galaxy watch for her birthday 4 months ago. She is a banker and wears it for about 4 hours a day while at work then comes home and puts it on the night stand. Does not swim, run, jump, shower, etc. with it. well, the cover came off on her wrist last week. and i said hmm thats odd ? the sensor was moving all around the case and the Cheap "elmers glue" they put on it was looking like a freshly cooked cheese pizza. So, i took it to bestbuy and they said basically screw you send it to samsung. soo i did. i received an email today saying my 4 month old watch was damaged. Really ? ya, Basically saying i abused the watch. sorry. thing looks brand new. anyway now mind you i only sent it to them so they could put more then just bubble gun under the cover but said there was water damage. "seems to be a generic response for Samsung" i said interesting. water damage in a suppossed water proof watch. him. and they said ya we will fix it for $145.06. I explained to her all i wanted was the cover re applied. and she told me that would be the price of the repair. i told her i wasnt paying that. to send it back. they sent me an email right away. here it is.

Std. Repair Fee

: $64.95

LCD Assembly Repair Fee

: $0.00

PBA Repair Fee

: $69.05

Care Pack Fee

LCD Repair Fee

Subtotal

: $134.00

Tax

: $11.06

$145.06

Then the next one said 

We regret to inform you that your service order has been Cancelled by Agent.
Cancelled Reason: Customer Request (by agent)

Please refer to the definitions below to clarify the Cancelled Reason:
Non Defect (Working Properly) - The device is being returned as there was no trouble found.
Cancelled by POP - The proof of purchase provided does not meet Samsung warranty requirements. Example: Electronic Serial Number not listed.
Customer Request - The service order has been cancelled by customer's request.
Cancelled Hold for Price - The device is being returned unrepaired due to non-payment for out of warranty repair charges.

They say non defect(Working Properly} but in the first email wanted to charge me 145.06 for repairs. lol

Unbelievable. Sorry for the rant on this but the public needs to know how samsung does buisness. N.P. I'll fix it myself. But it will come at a cost to samsung. I will never have another Samsung item in my house again. R.I.P. Samsung

Satpro75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have experienced the same too, I had the watch for almost a year now. As I got the watch when it launched in Aug 2018. 

After a long workout, when I took the watch from my wrist, the lens kind of stick with my wrist and fell off. I contacted the Samsung service center and they yes we will do the service free of cost and I shipped the watch to the service center with the prepaid label provided. 

After a few days, I got an email that it will cost $70 to replace the lens. I called the service line and talked with one of the agents. They claim anything that fell of the watch is considered as physical damage and does not cover under warranty. <edit>, as I can see this clearly a design flaw that they did not consider all possible usage scenarios for the watch. The replacement lens can be purchased off at Amazon for $15 and Samsung charge $70 for this. 

Sorry, Samsung my money is going somewhere else for the next upgrade. 

Ps: I have requested to cancel my service request and asked them to ship my watch back. 

0 Likes
ccchriscross
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I sent my Galaxy Watch that I purchased 5 months ago for repair for the same thing. The little cover came off and eventhough I was able to slide it back into place the watch didn't work. This is actually my second watch as the first one failed in the same way. The only thing was the first one failed after 21 days past the warranty. I was dumb enough to try a new one and the same thing happens after just 5 months. Upon talking to their rep, I was told I could send the older one in too for evaluation and I just received a notice that it would take $258 to repair it. This is more than the original cost of the watch, which is totally wrong. I even thought that in good faith, they would repair it for a reduced rate or even no charge, since I am going through the same situation a second time.

This sends me a clear message that Samsung does not value my business and it might be time to start to gradually move away from their products. I had a Garmin smart watch that worked fine for more than 3 years for me and I gave it to my son, who is still wearing it, when I decided to buy Samsung products for smoother communication between devices. I realize that I must have been wrong and went in the wrong direction (Note10+, Samsung Tab S4 and Samsung Watch).

2 days later

Ok, now I am really ticked off. I have been on the phone with different Samsung agents since this original post and in an effort to make it right I was told they would fix the older watch for $70 instead of the $258. Then shortly afterwards got an email saying they changed and it would be $258 again. Now this is the watch that I bought in March 2018 and failed in April 2019. Now the new watch that was still under warranty, they are now telling me it will cost me $166 to fix because it was water damaged. I don't swim, so the only time this watch would see any water would be during a shower and I don't know of anyone that takes a shower and has water pouring into their watch, that's supposedly rated for swimming. I was told that there was a mode the watch had to be put in when taking a shower or exposed to any water. Excuse me, but that's just stupid. I've had watches over the years and have never heard of any such non-sense. So, if I am outside and it starts to rain, I have to remember to switch my watch in to a certain mode or they will not honor their warranty. I bought this watch in May and they are telling me the warranty if void because it got wet. So now I have two Samsung Galaxy watches that are totally junk, $600 of worthless pieces of garbage. I will never by anything from them again and I have seen enough complaints in this same subject to believe they will someday face legal action.  All I can say is count me in.

useryf61lMs1MS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Literally word for word, same thing is currently happening to me. When I asked what does defective adhesive have to do with physical/water damage, they just kept repeating the same thing.

userrAj1QTYvkw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing just happened to my watch now 12 months and 10 days old.  Ridiculous Samsung won't make this right when the clearly know this is a problem.  Next watch will NOT be a Samsung. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userrAj1QTYvkw I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message or a ticket number if you have already been set up for service: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes