JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 12-11-2019 08:26 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the watches onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
Mydoss
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The back part of my watch came off. I was unaware and got it wet on yesterday. Now it will not come on.

Jayhon
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey @Mydoss,

I belive if the back piece comes off the wireless charging will not work pretty soon. I recommend mailing in your device here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Best,

Jayhon

0 Likes
userwOciRovRaF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is still under warranty. But looking at other post does not look good. The back sensor came off and left glue on back. Toyed to register with Samsung Aust all to hard.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

The best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically services the watch onsite these items are usually shipped out with a proof of purchase for further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
user0SvGkWLVgj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my watch for about 6 months and the sensor cover keeps coming off. I replace it and it slides right off.  It has never been submerged in water so it's not water damage. 

I'm pretty disappointed because I switched all my stuff(phone, watch, laptop, earbuds) from Apple to Samsung.

How can this be fixed?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Based on the symptoms that you're experiencing, this would be a serviceable issue.  

You could contact your carrier or insurance provider (if that's something that you have available) or you can send me a private message here: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user4xhJggJo7X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have been a loyal Samsung customer for nearly 20 years. I they make a good product. This watch!!! How can something so essential as a sensor cover come off of a watch. Especially since it is used to  track fitness. Why is there not some type of backing to protect this. I have had this watch for 10 months. I can't believe  I've lost 400.00 on a poorly made product. I can no longer stand buy or purchase your products. I am so disappointed. 

userY3YnrJ6Ii3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is the 2nd watch in the past 10 months that this has happened to. The first time Verizon warrantied it. Ive had to talk to Samsung this time and they opened up a reference ticket but they said that i will have to mail in the watch first so they can see and they will try to repair it or replace it. But after reading the comments on the other threads, I am pretty sure that Samsung will tell me the same thing that without the back sensor plate there is now damage or or water damage. I do not swim or shower with it on. I don't work out vigorously. I only wear it when I am awake. Other people are having to pay over 200$ to have it fixed. Very dissapointing. And when I talked to a Samsung representative, she said that this never happens so she did not know. After reading other posts, I am clearly not the only one that this has happened to. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves. The only way they still seem to be in business is that they lie and cheat their customers. 

I love Samsung and i was super excited about my note 9 and galaxy watch. But after the watch issues, i think i might just have to go to apple products. 

SAMSUNG you should be ashamed of yourselves for not standing up and honoring your waranties on your products.

0 Likes