cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Active 2 Heart Rate Sensor Cover Falls Off

I bought my Galaxy Watch in Dec. 2018.  The monitor cover fell off in July of 2019.  I returned it and after a hassle it was repaired and returned to me.  The cover fell off again in December 2019.  I returned it again and it was "repaired" again.  Now in May of 2020 the cover has fallen off again.  Samsung repair service in Ontario says the warrantee for a repair is only 90 days and the watch is not out of warrantee.  I plan to escalate this with Samsung.  This is clearly a manufacturing / design flaw with a simple fix possible with a change of the adhesive use.  N. Horofker P. Eng.

Highlighted
Constellation

Please keep me abreast. I spent a good part of today talking to 4 different people and no one would provide any help. This is definitely a defect in the watch. I appreciate you looking into the problem.

Alice

Highlighted
Constellation

I've unfortunately experienced the same issue with the rear cover falling off on two Samsung watches at this point. My first was a Galaxy, and the latest is an Active 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Highlighted
Constellation

Sensor Cover Fell Off

My galaxy sport sensor cover fell off. Never used in water or around water. I am surprised that it just fell off. For the money I paid this is unacceptable. Samsung should recall and fix this problem for free. Many of us are loyal samsung customers. They need to do the right thing.  Obviously the adhesive they used for the sensor is faulty.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sensor Cover Fell Off

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Door on back of Case of Active2

Does anyone know the purpose of the little back panel door on the back of the Active2 above the charger plate? I just noticed it's missing. If it's been missing for a while, is it possible water has gotten inside? Also, does anyone know whereI can get a replacement?

s-l1600.jpg

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Door on back of Case of Active2

I think that is port that when we connect device to other device like computer.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Door on back of Case of Active2

If you would like to mod your watch and stuff this port is supposed to help you get around the wireless download restrictions some watches have.

And if you would like to know more follow this link[fixing wireless download mode](https://youtu.be/oQNOaZ8-BTQ)

*Sorry for the format, I'm on my mobile.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

My wife's Galaxy Sport has had this problem too. Has been to Samsung service at least twice for this, once for over 2 months. Samsung told me they'd send me a new watch but instead sent the same watch again. I've been using Samsung devices for a while now but its time to switch to something else.

Somebody should be doing a class action lawsuit against Samsung for thisScreen Shot 2020-06-08 at 2.49.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-08 at 2.50.09 PM.pngGear_sport.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

Had it happen to my watch twice and you are right ,for $400 I expect some quality. I owned a lot of Samsung watches and this is first one I have problem .Now ,I am thinking, should I buy another Samsung watch or not?

@userWBHd5eMSjS wrote:

I got a Galaxy Watch 7 months ago and have loved it immensely. However, last week the cover for the heart rate sensor on the back fell off. I could see that adhesive that had held it on was there, but was squishy on no longer able to hold it on.

I sent it in to be serviced and was informed that it was no longer under warranty because of the condition it was in, the reason being that it was water damaged. The watch has never been under water and was still functioning when I sent it in. I argued that even if it was water damaged, the only reason it was was because the cover for the sensor had fallen off, which in itself would be a warranty issue. They did not budge and insisted that I pay for the repairs ($430)

Can anyone think of any advice on other options to proceed, or am I simply out of luck?