cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Back Sensor cover fell off when I took my watch off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just took my Galaxy watch off and found the sensor cover hanging off of my wrist by a piece of sticky glue. I tried to push it back in place on the back of my watch but whatever glue there was is not sticking. I'm sure my waterproofing is gone. I loved this watch, best I've owned. Is there any solution?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Back Sensor cover fell off when I took my watch off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing just happened to me! Of course my warranty just expired and I can't afford another one. There should be a better warranty with these watches. I mean they do advertise them used for daily fitness and even swimming (which I would NEVER do). Now I'm afraid to wear the watch without the back on it, I don't want to get shocked or burned like others have said. Does anyone know a fix for this problem so the sensor will still work??

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAZdYIN79pR Oh no! Please send a private message with the following so I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Model Code:

Serial Number:

Copy of the receipt:

Images of the back of the watch and sensor cover:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My active two watch fell off after 4 months.  It is still under warranty which it was returned for repairs.  I just received a text after just over 10 days from when it was sent to Samsung for repairs that they are not repairing it.  I was unable to receive an explanation as to why they were cancelling the repair ticket (no fault to the customer service agents, they were great) but the repair center was closed and they did not put in any notes as to why.  The back of the watch fell off, it was never under water or suffered abuse of being worn during a worker out(unlike my GEAR S 2 which is still in relatively great condition).  I have to call back tomorrow during the repair center's hours of operation to obtain more information, this is highly unsatasfactory and recommend that no one buys this watch until Samsung comes up with/or develops a better adhesive(back was only glued on it appears).  I'll provide updates as to my experience with this common issue once I am able to obtain more information from the repair facility. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @user48EgPb4DTB ... any updates?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The watch was replced by Samsung.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's very good news! Thanks
Highlighted
Constellation

Active2 Back Cover Fell Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My GF's Active2 that I bought for her had the back plate fall of the heart rate sensor. I send it in using the normal warranty process, and now they are charging me saying that it is an Operating System/Software Issue. I call the Samsung support line, and the woman on the other end tells me that the technicians discovered damage to the charging housing. So what is going on? Is it an OS issue or physical hardware issue?

Seeing that this is a common issue on the Active2 watches in general, how has anyone else that has gone through this fared? Seems ridiculous that Samsung isn't taking responsiblity for faulty glue. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Back/sensor cover fell off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The back sensor cover keeps falling off. There is some type of Adhesive that is exposed. I've read the other posts but did not see any solutions aside from replacing the watch. Can anyone help?