cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Back/sensor cover fell off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I had the same issue, but it happened while swimming so the phone now won't turn on.

I sent you a private message.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @useriirSAeisgH I didn't receive your Private Message.  I had created a Support request through the Moderators (see post #1 with Accepted Solution for Contact Info).  They were very helpful in setting it up.  They ended up fixing it under warranty no charge.  Looks likes charges vary upon reading through this thread though, depending upon their analysis of the watch when they receive it.  I can say in our case, the watch had never been in water of any kind.  Hope this helps.

Astronaut

Back fell off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy Watch that I really like but I have had this problem 2 times now.  The back fell off and I sent it in to be fixed.  Since I have had it back, I have been very careful not to get it wet just in case.  I have noticed when I sweat my watch seems to slide and I think that isn't good for the back/sensor.  It has come off again.  Is there a way I can fix this myself, as I am sure they will not fix it again, plus it takes a bit to send it in and get it fixed and I use it quite a bit.  I hope someone has a fix.

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes!!! This EXACT thing is happening to me!! I had the watch for about 7 months now, loved it and then all of a sudden the back fell off... for no apparent reason. There was no damage, no accident, never had any problems. I sent it in, they repaired it for free under my warranty and I went back to enjoying my watch. Not a month later, the back fell off again. I sent it back for repair and this time I got a bill. They claim my watch is out of warranty due to scratches! My watch was not damaged, but they refuse to take ownership that this is a faulty product. And now seeing all these posts, over 200 of us are posting about the same issue, this is clearly a faulty product that they refuse to fix. Anyone here a lawyer or know one? I say we sue, we can go in as a class action lawsuit. This is completely wrong! I saw someone say they have better luck with the Best Buy warranty,  I'm kicking myself for not doing that. I have always been an Android lover and user, but I know darn well Apple wouldn't treat us this way! Im switching, and looking into a lawyer!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had the Samsung S2 watch, back sensor cover fell off. So, next year (2018) I got the Samsung galaxy watch. The back cover fell off again.
Excited about the Active 2 arriving, I figured this issue would have certainly been addressed by now... I've had the Active 2 since March 2020. I had to have the same problem repaired in June and now again.
I have Samsung everything almost. I would have thought an issue with a glued on part would have been redesigned by now. I also notice a bunch of places selling replacement sensor covers, so it seems like a known problem.
Samsung, adhesive really??!!
All that tech, engineers, designers and the other highly educated, highly paid people and you use double sided tape......
Really disappointing.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me back sensor glass fell off of mine also.
I have never took it swimming and somehow the watch is done. everything seems to work fine ,but I'm afraid to wear it now since the sensor is exposed.
I contacted Samsung and of course its out of warranty.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have had this happen to me 4 times now. First the galaxy S2(bought used) , then the galaxy watch (Samsung fixed) and now the 2nd time on an Active 2 and I've only had it since March..
I give up.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The glass on my sensor just fell off today. Had my Galaxy watch for over a year. Very disapointed. This is my 3rd Galaxy watch. Probably not going to buy another.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this seems to be a recurring issue with these watches. what has happened to your products Samsung?? I've only bought your phones and tvs... after my experience with this pos active 2 never again... this should be a recall.