cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have experienced the same too, I had the watch for almost a year now. As I got the watch when it launched in Aug 2018. 

After a long workout, when I took the watch from my wrist, the lens kind of stick with my wrist and fell off. I contacted the Samsung service center and they yes we will do the service free of cost and I shipped the watch to the service center with the prepaid label provided. 

After a few days, I got an email that it will cost $70 to replace the lens. I called the service line and talked with one of the agents. They claim anything that fell of the watch is considered as physical damage and does not cover under warranty. <edit>, as I can see this clearly a design flaw that they did not consider all possible usage scenarios for the watch. The replacement lens can be purchased off at Amazon for $15 and Samsung charge $70 for this. 

Sorry, Samsung my money is going somewhere else for the next upgrade. 

Ps: I have requested to cancel my service request and asked them to ship my watch back. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent my Galaxy Watch that I purchased 5 months ago for repair for the same thing. The little cover came off and eventhough I was able to slide it back into place the watch didn't work. This is actually my second watch as the first one failed in the same way. The only thing was the first one failed after 21 days past the warranty. I was dumb enough to try a new one and the same thing happens after just 5 months. Upon talking to their rep, I was told I could send the older one in too for evaluation and I just received a notice that it would take $258 to repair it. This is more than the original cost of the watch, which is totally wrong. I even thought that in good faith, they would repair it for a reduced rate or even no charge, since I am going through the same situation a second time.

This sends me a clear message that Samsung does not value my business and it might be time to start to gradually move away from their products. I had a Garmin smart watch that worked fine for more than 3 years for me and I gave it to my son, who is still wearing it, when I decided to buy Samsung products for smoother communication between devices. I realize that I must have been wrong and went in the wrong direction (Note10+, Samsung Tab S4 and Samsung Watch).

2 days later

Ok, now I am really ticked off. I have been on the phone with different Samsung agents since this original post and in an effort to make it right I was told they would fix the older watch for $70 instead of the $258. Then shortly afterwards got an email saying they changed and it would be $258 again. Now this is the watch that I bought in March 2018 and failed in April 2019. Now the new watch that was still under warranty, they are now telling me it will cost me $166 to fix because it was water damaged. I don't swim, so the only time this watch would see any water would be during a shower and I don't know of anyone that takes a shower and has water pouring into their watch, that's supposedly rated for swimming. I was told that there was a mode the watch had to be put in when taking a shower or exposed to any water. Excuse me, but that's just stupid. I've had watches over the years and have never heard of any such non-sense. So, if I am outside and it starts to rain, I have to remember to switch my watch in to a certain mode or they will not honor their warranty. I bought this watch in May and they are telling me the warranty if void because it got wet. So now I have two Samsung Galaxy watches that are totally junk, $600 of worthless pieces of garbage. I will never by anything from them again and I have seen enough complaints in this same subject to believe they will someday face legal action.  All I can say is count me in.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Literally word for word, same thing is currently happening to me. When I asked what does defective adhesive have to do with physical/water damage, they just kept repeating the same thing.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing just happened to my watch now 12 months and 10 days old.  Ridiculous Samsung won't make this right when the clearly know this is a problem.  Next watch will NOT be a Samsung. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrAj1QTYvkw I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message or a ticket number if you have already been set up for service: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to Samsung Galaxy Watch Active this morning while hiking.  I noticed that my BPM was oddly 55 bpm, when I knew from past experience that it should've been around 140.  When I got home and took off the watch, the cover fell off, but I still have it.  All the other functions on the watch are accurate and working (Haha, showing my stress level in the orange zone).  What gives?  How do I get this fixed?   So aggravating, as I'm completely integrated into the Samsung Galaxy world, with my tablet, phone and watch, but if I can't get this fixed, I'll consider moving to a different planet.  I don't want to try crazy glue for fear of messing up the sensors.  Help! 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this has happened to me three times now. First 2 was with the Gear Sport so then I was able to replace it with the galaxy watch thinking it was a fault in the Sport model, but then it happen again. Do you think it's sun cream? Sweat? I dont want to get another Samsung watch until I know whats causing it. I looked at the active 2 thinking it might be better but now with a quick google it seems that also falles off. 

It's really annoying that Wear OS does not have offline Spotify. If they did it would be an easy move. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy watch (MODEL NUMBER: SM-R810) that was purchased for me as an anniversary gift. Today as I removed my watch from their charger (the one that came with the watch) and the senor was stuck on the charger. I checked the warranty coverage of this watch (because I register all of my Samsung products) which will expire 4/20/20. I called the 800-SAMSUNG number to make the complaint and obtain an RMA for repair. The rep said my warranty does not cover 'water or physical damage' and would need a deposit in order to process my request. WHAT?!  Needless to say, I am highly upset with Samsung. We are a brand family from the phones, watches, televisons, tablets and appliances. If this is not rectified properly, we will be become brand loyal to someone else who values their customers. It is clear to see there is faulty adhesive on the sensors. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercAc70NIfSX

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happened to me today. Very disappointed. Only had it for 7 months. Normal activity no swimming and now got told there is a water damage. As soon as I found out they it slide off I stick it back on straight away. Now reading all the post I am not confident they will do the right thing to fix this defective product.