JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Sensor Cover Fell Off

(Topic created on: 5/22/19 2:44 PM)
userWBHd5eMSjS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got a Galaxy Watch 7 months ago and have loved it immensely. However, last week the cover for the heart rate sensor on the back fell off. I could see that adhesive that had held it on was there, but was squishy on no longer able to hold it on.

I sent it in to be serviced and was informed that it was no longer under warranty because of the condition it was in, the reason being that it was water damaged. The watch has never been under water and was still functioning when I sent it in. I argued that even if it was water damaged, the only reason it was was because the cover for the sensor had fallen off, which in itself would be a warranty issue. They did not budge and insisted that I pay for the repairs ($430)

Can anyone think of any advice on other options to proceed, or am I simply out of luck?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
235 Replies
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey @user48EgPb4DTB ... any updates?

0 Likes
userdx1oLreUSU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The watch was replced by Samsung.

JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's very good news! Thanks
0 Likes
numb3rwhiz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My GF's Active2 that I bought for her had the back plate fall of the heart rate sensor. I send it in using the normal warranty process, and now they are charging me saying that it is an Operating System/Software Issue. I call the Samsung support line, and the woman on the other end tells me that the technicians discovered damage to the charging housing. So what is going on? Is it an OS issue or physical hardware issue?

Seeing that this is a common issue on the Active2 watches in general, how has anyone else that has gone through this fared? Seems ridiculous that Samsung isn't taking responsiblity for faulty glue. 

0 Likes
user2mxH45y5Kz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The back sensor cover keeps falling off. There is some type of Adhesive that is exposed. I've read the other posts but did not see any solutions aside from replacing the watch. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useriirSAeisgH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi!

I had the same issue, but it happened while swimming so the phone now won't turn on.

I sent you a private message.

0 Likes
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi @useriirSAeisgH I didn't receive your Private Message.  I had created a Support request through the Moderators (see post #1 with Accepted Solution for Contact Info).  They were very helpful in setting it up.  They ended up fixing it under warranty no charge.  Looks likes charges vary upon reading through this thread though, depending upon their analysis of the watch when they receive it.  I can say in our case, the watch had never been in water of any kind.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
userHum3wkv0gU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch that I really like but I have had this problem 2 times now.  The back fell off and I sent it in to be fixed.  Since I have had it back, I have been very careful not to get it wet just in case.  I have noticed when I sweat my watch seems to slide and I think that isn't good for the back/sensor.  It has come off again.  Is there a way I can fix this myself, as I am sure they will not fix it again, plus it takes a bit to send it in and get it fixed and I use it quite a bit.  I hope someone has a fix.

0 Likes
Samsung_3RTgGWc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes!!! This EXACT thing is happening to me!! I had the watch for about 7 months now, loved it and then all of a sudden the back fell off... for no apparent reason. There was no damage, no accident, never had any problems. I sent it in, they repaired it for free under my warranty and I went back to enjoying my watch. Not a month later, the back fell off again. I sent it back for repair and this time I got a bill. They claim my watch is out of warranty due to scratches! My watch was not damaged, but they refuse to take ownership that this is a faulty product. And now seeing all these posts, over 200 of us are posting about the same issue, this is clearly a faulty product that they refuse to fix. Anyone here a lawyer or know one? I say we sue, we can go in as a class action lawsuit. This is completely wrong! I saw someone say they have better luck with the Best Buy warranty,  I'm kicking myself for not doing that. I have always been an Android lover and user, but I know darn well Apple wouldn't treat us this way! Im switching, and looking into a lawyer!

0 Likes