cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Galaxy Watch - Sensors Not Working

I have the Galaxy Watch and it used to track my sleep just fine. Recently though, it stopped. The Sleep screen just says the watch can track my sleep. I have turned on continuous heart rate and also the REM setting in the sleep app, and still nothing. I have also factory reset the watch. Anyone have any ideas?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
20 REPLIES 20
pool_shark
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch - Not Tracking Sleep

Has the way the watch fits your wrist changed?

The manual says if it's too loose it can't monitor sleep well.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Watch - Not Tracking Sleep

The watch is tight enough, I can't go up any more on it. However, it looks like it is more than just the sleep tracker. All the sensors are out of whack and the battery is dying quickly. The step counter keeps saying I'm doing 10000 steps a day when some days I'm not even coming close to that. It thinks I'm exercising when I'm not, and the stress meter isn't working at all either. Also, the alt-barometer isn't measuring either.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch - Sensors Not Working

@shuddle13 Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, service provider, the device your watch is paired with, and the Android version on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

jooliganism
Constellation

I am having the exact same issue as you on my Galaxy Watch 46mm. Performed every reset protocol.etc but it is still the same, no sleep tracking at all. Was working fine the pass few months until a week or two ago. I am just wondering whether is there a problem with the latest update/firmware.

Julian
userFzX3uVbZW1
Astronaut

Me too. I have same issue here. I noticed after the last update, HR sensor not working.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is the sensor on the back of the watch still lighting up?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

For me, yes, the sensors still light up. Some of them don't seem to track at all, and others are WAY off on their tracking.

Simplified
Constellation

I, too am having the same problem with no sensors working. And my green light doesn't come on. I have spent a several hours trying to make it work, by cleaning the back, reboot etc. Then someone mentioned the green light. That is the problem. What can I do to fix it? I'm sure it has been working. I did pair it with a new Note 10+ last week, after uninstalling and reinstalling the apps.

Please help!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send a private message with the model code and serial number of the watch. If the watch is LTE, please provide the IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky