cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy Watch Sensors burning my wrist

Today when returning from my lunch break the top of my wrist started stinging. It then progressed to burning and I immediately snatched my watch off! The sensors behind my watch are super hot and burn to the touch. Whenever I try to put my watch on it burns my wrist. My watch has stated that it was overheating. When it cooled off, the sensors still were hot to the touch. It also releases a smell like someone is burning matches.  What can I do and where should I go? My watch was a gift and I don't want to get rid of it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Sensors burning my wrist

FIND ON YOUTUBE TO RESET WATCH

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

You can contact customer service at (+1 800-SAMSUNG) in the US, online chat from Samsung Members, or visit a local center @usersweIu5hwaI. I would suggest getting it replaced. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello! Thank you for reaching out, could you please send me the model code and serial number for your watch in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, I have the same issue with the galaxy watch 42 Lte, updated the watch software a couple of weeks ago, today it suddenly started itching my wrist and when I took it off it was burning hot on the back (unable to keep the finger on the sensor) the watch smelt burnt, and the watch had shut off. After cooling down I restarted the watch and the battery had drained from 64 to 12 percent in twenty minutes.

Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userL0bsxl2m54 Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number 
  • Serial number
Highlighted
Astronaut

My watch just burned my wrist.  I took it off and removed the band.  A co-worker thought it might burn up or catch fire.  It's getting more hot, what can I do?  I really like this watch.  It's the 42mm smart watch for women.  I've had it since January 2019.  

The sensor area on the back is extremely hot to the touch.  Will this explode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had the same issue. After burning my arm the watch will charge to 100% but will not stay on.