JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Skin Rash/Wrist Pains

(Topic created on: 3/11/19 6:33 PM)
userBvROmrkSPV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had never had any problem with watches, metals, or plastics. I wore my watch over night to track my sleep and it is what I got. The skin looks like burned and hasn't got better after a couple of days. (It itches too)

Not sure what can be done, but really feel disappointed and wanted to warn other users too. 20190310_154959.jpg

20190310_155010.jpg

20190310_155004.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
244 Replies
userKwmQKuLDXH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm so disappointed Samsung has not resolved this issue seeing as this is a known problem.

I bought my watch in November 2019 and started getting terribly itchy on my left wrist around August 2020, got a blister then dry skin that looked burnt. I went to my doctor and she told me to switch my watch from my left to the right wrist to see if it was the watch causing the reaction. I did that and the itchiness stopped on my left wrist but the skin continued looking burnt and super dry. We are now in January 2021 and my left wrist is starting to look a bit normal. Now my right wrist has started itching with a blister starting to form. Which convinced me the watch is the problem.

I have been a dedicated Samsung user but I'm feeling like it's time to switch to another brand. Really dissapointed.

0 Likes
userYIzmH4pIC0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently bought an Active 2 and soon after I noticed a rash/burn. I had a Fitbit for the past year and no issues.  I scrubbed the back and cleaned my wrist and still no change.

I'm hoping I can return the watch to Best Buy because this is unsatisfactory. 

15970308722427372296260704434576.jpg

0 Likes
Markav1ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh man, could that be an allergic reaction to the material on the underside of the watch? I have a 3rd-party band that seem to have given me something similar but on the other side of my wrist. Have you consulted a doctor/dermatologist?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userYIzmH4pIC0 Oh no! I am very sorry to hear this! Please send a private message with the model code and serial number and I will be happy to look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1aplcaBgFu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had both Active and Active 2 over the last couple of years.

Its not a recurring problem for me though, but I did suffer burns/rash a couple of times in the last 4 months.  I havent researched it, but notice it happened both times when there was handwash soap left on the wrist. 

As we do now accustomed to doing, I have been washing my hands vigourously right upto my wrist (the Covid preventive 20-second wash); at times I may have neglected to fully rinse the wrist.  I suspect the Led reader light under the watch could be reacting with the trapped soap residue & causing the rash/burn.

Thats been my experience on 2 ocassions.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
usercyDGVmgRyP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm also experiencing an issue with severe skin irritation under my Galaxy Watch band.  I will switch wrists to keep wearing the watch but, in the end, I will go a week or so without wearing the watch to let the skin heal. I will then wear it again until the irritation develops.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usercyDGVmgRyP Good morning! I just wanted to check in to see if you are still in need of assistance?

0 Likes
userl8IifJWjPM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello I received a new galaxy watch3 41mm for Christmas- rose gold watch leather band.

Since then I have had repeat episodes of skim irritation after a day of use.  I have tried changing wrists morning left evening right.   I have tried rotating to underside of wrist.   

I keep getting  a small round rash same size as the watch plate and only under the watch plate are.  Rest of wrist is fine.  I did not have this issue with my prior watch gear3 classic.  

This rash has blistered at times to the point of small clear fluid blisters like you get from a burn.

I have tried wearing watch looser and tighter to no solution.  

Solutions?  

0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand doing so experiencing this symptom. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Could you please provide me with the model and serial number for your device along with any photos of your symptom in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

0 Likes