cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Skin Rash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had never had any problem with watches, metals, or plastics. I wore my watch over night to track my sleep and it is what I got. The skin looks like burned and hasn't got better after a couple of days. (It itches too)

Not sure what can be done, but really feel disappointed and wanted to warn other users too. 20190310_154959.jpg

20190310_155010.jpg

20190310_155004.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Skin rash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I understand this must be frustrating for you. I will gladly assist you with your concerns. If you don't mind sending me a private message here to assist you further with the following information needed below.

First and Last name: 
Property Address: 
Email Address: 
Phone Number: 
Alternate Phone Number:
Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I understand this must be frustrating for you. I will gladly assist you with your concerns. If you don't mind sending me a private message here to assist you further with the following information needed below.

First and Last name: 
Property Address: 
Email Address: 
Phone Number: 
Alternate Phone Number:
Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have this as well, i had gear s3 before this and didn't have any issues, i also find that the skin becomes dry and cracked, only started having the problem once i got the Galaxy watch 42mm black.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung,

I bought my Galaxy Active Watch back in November, and I recently got a rash from the silicone band (see files attached). 

Yesterday I took off the band and thoroughly washed it. I hope this does the trick, but I wanted to still make you aware of the issue.

Also, I've stopped wearing the watch until the rash disappears.

Galaxy Active WatchGalaxy Active WatchSilicone Band RashSilicone Band RashRegards.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqTUOBpyN9O I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That looks like ringworm which is caused by moisture under the band and the fact the band does not breathe at all. I have the exact same issue right now because of the watch and I wash my watch all the time.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same thing. I have to go two weeks with out the watch in order to let it heal. I have no health issues or skin issues prior to this. I clean my wrist and watch daily. I ensure no residue stays on it at all. I remove the bands and clean there. I'm disappointed since I've never had this issue until I got this watch, and even worse because I love the watch. This picture is healingover a week without the watch. 15903365509045259787096724703337.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!  When hundreds of people are complaining abut the same thing, its a issue that shouldn't be solved with a PM and Form response.  I've had my watch for about 6 months and within a week of the original purchase I started getting rashes on my arm.  I switched arms, same issue. I tried to only wear it at night (because I was most curious about my sleep cycles) - RASH.  I've replaced the original band due to rash, and now have tried 3 others with the same result. @SamsungQue  

_________
I keep buying Samsung products. They keep leaving me without security updates. Why do I bother?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. I'm getting a rash as soon as I started using it Smiley Sad
It's horrible. I'm shocked so many people have got this.

I was looking for ways of lining the wrist strap and parts of the watch with secondary material to prevent this. Then I came across this to see other unhappy people. So this is a known problem. 

Seriously don't you test this stuff before you distribute it. There are decades of watch industry experience of what works and what doesn't. @samsung Are you that arrogant you ignore industry/materials knowledge and run with materials that cause issues. Really disappointing. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with many of the posts here. I'm getting a rash as soon as I started using it Smiley Sad
It's horrible. I'm shocked so many people have got this.

I was looking for ways of lining the wrist strap and parts of the watch with secondary material to prevent this. Then I came across this to see other unhappy people. So this is a known problem. 

Seriously don't you test this stuff before you distribute it. There are decades of watch industry experience of what works and what doesn't. @samsung Are you that arrogant you ignore industry/materials knowledge and run with materials that cause issues. Really disappointing.