JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Skin Rash

(Topic created on: 9/24/19 8:28 AM)
userBvROmrkSPV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had never had any problem with watches, metals, or plastics. I wore my watch over night to track my sleep and it is what I got. The skin looks like burned and hasn't got better after a couple of days. (It itches too)

Not sure what can be done, but really feel disappointed and wanted to warn other users too. 20190310_154959.jpg

20190310_155010.jpg

20190310_155004.jpg

122 Replies
ethalthefrog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am also one of many 100's people who are suffering the same issue Smiley Mad Smiley Frustrated

I have been wearing watches most of my life without any issues. One week of wearing the Samsung Galaxy Watch i have developed a rash on both sides of my wrists. I thought it was just me and was absolutely shocked to find a forum with people all complaining about the same issue i am suffering. Yet Samsung continue to produce something that is causing people from irritation. This is my first smart-watch and chose Samsung over the Apple iWatch due to its look. Not Happ Jan Man Mad Man Sad

q.jpgw.jpg

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@ethalthefrog I am so sorry to see this! Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch so I may assist you further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useraoKL5gYsSe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same burns from the silicone as everyone else. I contacted Samsung about this. Careful... they offer you a little voucher but then ask you to sign something waiving all responsibility/liability of the injury from Samsung. I declined. 

stewiez
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ive had my galaxy watch for a month andve been getting the same issue. I cant even wear it anymore, ive tried cleaning the band, switching arms, changing how loose it is, whether i wear it for 2 hours or a day i get a rash, and the skin is dry after it heals. starting to think il have to buy a band from somewhere.

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useretyFWlDJE5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought the watch one week ago and I have a rash that is red and raised and itches. I would like to NOT have to return the watch if there are other bands available to switch to,

Can I be contacted about this?

0 Likes
Samsung_XKZPUYX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here! It actually hurts too. I haven't been able to wear my watch for a couple days.

anmolshah03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have recently started having the same issue.

this rash appeared on the exact spot below the heart rate sensor and the place where the band locks.

I stoped wearing for a couple days, put some skin cream and the rash was gone.

Next, I changed the band, now today only I noticed that I got the same rash beneath the heart rate sensor and no rash on tge other side.

Something seems wrong with the watch's heart rate sensor

Mäw
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is new to me?? Try washing your hands more often and moisturize often? And clean your watch daily? I swim, sweat during work outs alot wearing my s3 and ive never had this issue and im a very clean person, maybe its a personal hygiene issue that needs to be addressed? Not being mean just honest , but someone is gonna get offended. 🤷🏾‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
userLdpnFxvNqJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

No this does not help those of us who are developing the rashes and I do take offense to you response. I wash my hand extremely often, and my watch strap. I do not wear it in the water either to prevent soap reside from causing a breakout. 

Stop trolling and leave your judgement elsewhere.