JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Skin Rash

(Topic created on: 3/11/19 6:33 PM)
userBvROmrkSPV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had never had any problem with watches, metals, or plastics. I wore my watch over night to track my sleep and it is what I got. The skin looks like burned and hasn't got better after a couple of days. (It itches too)

Not sure what can be done, but really feel disappointed and wanted to warn other users too. 20190310_154959.jpg

20190310_155010.jpg

20190310_155004.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
234 Replies
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you viewing the community in the app or a web browser? You will need to have the community open in a browser to select the link. You can go here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us to log in on a web browser. 

0 Likes
userEktW37SwDA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue hear. I have had mine since April 2020 and it leaves a mark but nothing major until the past 2 weeks. I thought it was just a bite because it itches but it now looks like a small burn. I wear it all day and night. it is rare I take it off
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this and would like to look into it for you. Would you mind sending me a private message with your watch's full model code and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userH3nMCOClWH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with mine, I personally, found that NOT tucking in the strap, seemed to help, the extra tightness/pressure where the bands would overlap (if tucked in) was too much against my skin, especially with the band rubbing against my skin constantly when I moved/the watch moved. It also creates a small barrier of not letting oxygen in. If you feel under the lip of the part that tucks in, you can feel a slight curve inward, I'm thinking this creates a very slight suction on your skin, in addition to lack of oxygen to that area, and any irritation from the material rubbing. If you overlap the bands (and NOT tuck the strap in), you can see that that area aligns almost perfectly with the rash. I put lotion on the area a lot, seems to help, though it's clearly not a long term solution.

Samsung, you need to have a loop to tuck the band in OVER the strap, not underneath,  which createa pressure, lack of oxygen and irritation on the overlapped portion, therefore causing stress on the rest of the band, which in turn, creates more irritation on the skin. The material is clearly not a great choice either.

0 Likes
stephenar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung Galaxy Watch Rash.jpg

0 Likes
stephenar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,
I am having the exact ame problem with my SM-R800 Galaxy Watch which was given to me as a gift.
Every since I was given it I am getting rashes on both sides of my wrist which are red and don't seem to go away even after taking the watch off for a couple of days.
I regularly clean the back of the watch and band using warm water all to no avail.
With this many Samsung Customers surely they have to acknowledge there IS A PROBLEM and do something to rectify it, not just apologise for the problem.

0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I understand doing so experiencing this symptom. I would be happy to assist you further, could you please provide me with your serial number in a private message to do so?  https://bit.ly/2SUXRar 

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you still need help with your issue?

0 Likes
stephenar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I still need to come up with a solution to the problem of the rash.

Thanks

Stephen

0 Likes