JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Skin Rash

(Topic created on: 3/11/19 6:33 PM)
userBvROmrkSPV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had never had any problem with watches, metals, or plastics. I wore my watch over night to track my sleep and it is what I got. The skin looks like burned and hasn't got better after a couple of days. (It itches too)

Not sure what can be done, but really feel disappointed and wanted to warn other users too. 20190310_154959.jpg

20190310_155010.jpg

20190310_155004.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand this must be frustrating for you. I will gladly assist you with your concerns. If you don't mind sending me a private message here to assist you further with the following information needed below.

First and Last name: 
Property Address: 
Email Address: 
Phone Number: 
Alternate Phone Number:
Model number:

Serial number/IMEI:

View solution in context

241 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand this must be frustrating for you. I will gladly assist you with your concerns. If you don't mind sending me a private message here to assist you further with the following information needed below.

First and Last name: 
Property Address: 
Email Address: 
Phone Number: 
Alternate Phone Number:
Model number:

Serial number/IMEI:

View solution in context

Solgath
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

i have this as well, i had gear s3 before this and didn't have any issues, i also find that the skin becomes dry and cracked, only started having the problem once i got the Galaxy watch 42mm black.

userqTUOBpyN9O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dear Samsung,

I bought my Galaxy Active Watch back in November, and I recently got a rash from the silicone band (see files attached). 

Yesterday I took off the band and thoroughly washed it. I hope this does the trick, but I wanted to still make you aware of the issue.

Also, I've stopped wearing the watch until the rash disappears.

Galaxy Active WatchGalaxy Active WatchSilicone Band RashSilicone Band RashRegards.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userqTUOBpyN9O I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
0 Likes
user80Mw67vKWz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

That looks like ringworm which is caused by moisture under the band and the fact the band does not breathe at all. I have the exact same issue right now because of the watch and I wash my watch all the time.

userR4Qh87XULU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same thing. I have to go two weeks with out the watch in order to let it heal. I have no health issues or skin issues prior to this. I clean my wrist and watch daily. I ensure no residue stays on it at all. I remove the bands and clean there. I'm disappointed since I've never had this issue until I got this watch, and even worse because I love the watch. This picture is healingover a week without the watch. 15903365509045259787096724703337.jpg

0 Likes
SAMSUNGTVPHONE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!  When hundreds of people are complaining abut the same thing, its a issue that shouldn't be solved with a PM and Form response.  I've had my watch for about 6 months and within a week of the original purchase I started getting rashes on my arm.  I switched arms, same issue. I tried to only wear it at night (because I was most curious about my sleep cycles) - RASH.  I've replaced the original band due to rash, and now have tried 3 others with the same result. @SamsungQue  

_________
I keep buying Samsung products. They keep leaving me without security updates. Why do I bother?
userhW8s6vMBxm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree. I'm getting a rash as soon as I started using it :(
It's horrible. I'm shocked so many people have got this.

I was looking for ways of lining the wrist strap and parts of the watch with secondary material to prevent this. Then I came across this to see other unhappy people. So this is a known problem. 

Seriously don't you test this stuff before you distribute it. There are decades of watch industry experience of what works and what doesn't. @samsung Are you that arrogant you ignore industry/materials knowledge and run with materials that cause issues. Really disappointing. 

userhW8s6vMBxm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree with many of the posts here. I'm getting a rash as soon as I started using it :(
It's horrible. I'm shocked so many people have got this.

I was looking for ways of lining the wrist strap and parts of the watch with secondary material to prevent this. Then I came across this to see other unhappy people. So this is a known problem. 

Seriously don't you test this stuff before you distribute it. There are decades of watch industry experience of what works and what doesn't. @samsung Are you that arrogant you ignore industry/materials knowledge and run with materials that cause issues. Really disappointing.