cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markdavid
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I've been wearing the Galaxy Watch for 2 days now and I've noticed my steps are way way off compared to other wearable tech I've had(Fitbit & Apple Watch)

If I get up and walk to the printer, which is about 7/8 steps, it doesn't seem to count any at all. It seems the watch as a delay in counting steps. 

Does anyone else have this issue? It's quite annoying that it doesn't seem to count these steps.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, we're looking into this issue. Could you all provide the following information? 

Watch model number: 

Watch baseband / software version: 

Type of phone connected to: 

Bluetooth or carrier version: 

321 REPLIES 321
user4vVXFOH8ES
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I'm having this problem too. I used to do over 10,000 steps at work with my fitbit and just yesterday my galaxy said I did a little over 3,000. Its way off

userSBYRT4o5xd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes its a common problem. I returned mine, since samsung isnt offering a fix at the moment. Lol i came back to see if its been resolved bc im looking at purchasing another smartwatch or possibly purchasing the samsung watch again buuuut guess its still a problem. 

userzMca5X1eCE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, fitbit registers more then 8000 steps while galaxy watch only counts 2700. However the trend over the day looks equal on both trackers.

I did disable automatic recognition of epilectical and crossfit training as proposed as a work around  in a different post. 

userfq8k09zuAQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the same position as you describe. I returned it, have not found another watch that has everything I want (and that this watch had - as a droid user), but I can't see getting another one because this issues is showing up more and more. And the watch hasn't even been out a month! Too bad that Samsung is not on this, as it is a serious issue!

userwOEWrRiUEn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

O.k I have the same problem.  I was so excited to buy this awesome watch and my steps are way off. Should I return and try the Fitbit versa

usereAhLWYTh0H
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my watch. I can walk down/up flights of stairs and walk around the house and it reads nothing! I have a two story house and must go up and down 20 times a day. Today I counted 26 times up 2 flights of stairs and it has only recored 1!

My fit bit records me as walking 15k steps most days. In 1 week I think the most I have had recorded

on my galaxy watch is 7k! I'm seriously with the battery being so bad, tempted to return it!! 

SCADAman29325
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Battery seems good on mine, can last over 48hrs, but I'm trying to figure out a charging schedule. I'm charging it in the evening for a few hours most every night. I may try to charge it every 48hrs to excercise the battery better.
userv15E2m66Af
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SCADAman29325 wrote:
Battery seems good on mine, can last over 48hrs, but I'm trying to figure out a charging schedule. I'm charging it in the evening for a few hours most every night. I may try to charge it every 48hrs to excercise the battery better.

I think your idea to charge every 48 is better for the battery!  I run mine until under 15% .. just over 3 days of use to get there!  I am satisified with the battery life...

userXBwgP3mc00
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pretty much the same issue with the galaxy watch.  Samsung seems to have no fix.  Does anyone know if this is a hardware or a software issue?   I have done all the things samsung says to do to fix it and keep getting the same results.